• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This One is Interesting...

ButteMT61

I remembered this from the Aero site...

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=104

5814c0be1f2b022d_feild%20modified%20a2%20p1%20copy.jpg

billyk

I actually won this jacket on Ebay several months ago from the original seller, a relative of the original owner of the jacket. It was a good price. After tendering payment, the seller informed me that he was reneging on the deal because he became "nostalgic." A part of me suspected that someone (possibly, the current seller) had privately offered to buy the jacket at a higher price after the auction had ended. In response to my inquiry regarding what would happen to the jacket, the seller informed me that he was keeping the jacket, and that if he ever decided to sell it, I would be first in line.

Of course, now I know (or can safely assume) what really happened. Bummer.

Persimmon

billyk said:
I actually won this jacket on Ebay several months ago from the original seller, a relative of the original owner of the jacket. It was a good price. After tendering payment, the seller informed me that he was reneging on the deal because he became "nostalgic." A part of me suspected that someone (possibly, the current seller) had privately offered to buy the jacket at a higher price after the auction had ended. In response to my inquiry regarding what would happen to the jacket, the seller informed me that he was keeping the jacket, and that if he ever decided to sell it, I would be first in line.

Of course, now I know (or can safely assume) what really happened. Bummer.

Sorry not to my taste.
I think you were lucky to have escaped !

TankBuster

As a display/collectable piece, I think it's a pretty neat jacket myself. There are many period photos of guys in the ETO adding fur to the collars of their A-2 jackets. I think a member here has a nice original with a fur collar that has some nice provenance. If a person is strictly a original jacket wearer, well that may be another matter I guess.

bombs away

Hello,

There are a few pics of original A-2s with added fur collars already shown here on the forum.

Jeff, I guess you're talking of this jacket (already shown here too) :
8102155031_4ac00bea4f_c_d.jpg

8102154663_3a594db730_c_d.jpg

6660813719_e6a627f3f9_z_d.jpg

6660816665_8e71d70d91_d.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

oose

Hi all,

I've posted these before, but here is period shot of Chinese Pilots, one of which is wearing a A-2 with fur collar.

All the best
stu

TankBuster

bombs away said:
Hello,

There are a few pics of original A-2s with added fur collars already shown here on the forum.

Jeff, I guess you're talking of this jacket (already shown here too) :
8102155031_4ac00bea4f_c_d.jpg

8102154663_3a594db730_c_d.jpg

6660813719_e6a627f3f9_z_d.jpg

6660816665_8e71d70d91_d.jpg

Cheers,
Tim

Yes, very nice jacket Tim! I would be proud of that one too!! ;)