• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They (colors) burn my eyes..

A

Anonymous

Don't pay attention to the subject, it's a line from an old movie

My question is

Considering originals, would the below be seal brown or russet?

mj9101.jpg

Or neither?

A

Anonymous

OK for comparison, here's a seal brown, dark brown as you say

few9001.jpg

If that's the case, then Eastman's seal brown is far off (looks more like the 1st pic)

A-227752.jpg

and from his desrciption

"It was made from a veg tanned Horsehide, that was Seal Brown in colour. Other distinguishing details include: Olive Drab colour thread, an individually numbered label under the right pocket flap, Chelsea brown coloured knit, a collar stand and a Talon zip."

bseal

Platon, not all 27752's were seal brown.

And it should also be noted that most dark colored jackets take on a more reddish tone with heavy flash as seen in your first image.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
OK for comparison, here's a seal brown, dark brown as you say

The Few horsehide comes in a wide colour range, the jacket pictured is one of their new dark seals, as opposed to just seal. It's so dark that in some lighting it appears black ... it's not a direct comparison.

asiamiles

bseal said:
Platon, not all 27752's were seal brown.

And it should also be noted that most dark colored jackets take on a more reddish tone with heavy flash as seen in your first image.

Though in this case there is a darker jacket on the left of the picture for comparison. A-2's from the likes of RM and BR comes in all manner of shades these days, and I'm sure all originals weren't exactly the same tones.