• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The up/downs of ebay selling prices

Weasel_Loader

Couldn't believe this one. :eek:

Some of you may know I tried selling my original Lion MA-1 in X-Large a few months back. I got a measly $158 for mine which was in excellent + condition. Here is a Medium in pretty much same condition as mine and maybe slightly less condition if a stain on the back of the jacket is true to the photo. It sells for $798!!! In this case, the bidders must have really been looking for smaller sizes I guess.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160328432195

442RCT

Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw or what (search) 'tags' the seller puts on his item. I've recently watched 2 identical items for sale on eBay, one with a buy it now price of $15.00 and the other item with no reserve, being bid past $ 22.50, I don't know what it sold for as I wasn't tracking it. I've also watched items with no reserve and a starting price of $ 0.99 not get one bid, yet when it's re-listed, it sells for over $ 50.

Sometimes I'll bid on something, totally NOT expecting to win and end up as the only bidder and winning...go figure ???

Weasel_Loader

I know what you mean about how an item is listed. Over the last two years, I've always listed my jackets such as this, Air Force Pilots Flyers Flight jacket MA-1. It pretty much covers all searches that people will use. Strange stuff this ebay is. :roll:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Even though he had terms, and conditions, the seller came across as friendly in the listing.

Low starting bid, no reserve, worldwide shipping ..... he did everything right.

Baron Kurtz

Totally random. Depends who is looking. Most high price auctions i've seen are two people who desperately want an item and have the cash to back them up.

Several times i've kicked myself when something i should-have-but-didn't bid on and went unsold came back around and went for big $$

bk

A

Anonymous

442RCT

Not really a good comparision here as one is a Good Wear and the other one is Aero Scotland if you check the retail on both you will see that they both did ok ,both good jackets but the Aero Scotland is half the price of a GW .
Al the best Jeff

Thanks, being a newbie as far as brand name jacket mfrs go, I missed that fact, the Good Wear was a copy of the Aero, and the Aero is a copy of an Aero contract...no wonder I was confused.

jacketimp

442RCT said:
Not really a good comparision here as one is a Good Wear and the other one is Aero Scotland if you check the retail on both you will see that they both did ok ,both good jackets but the Aero Scotland is half the price of a GW .
Al the best Jeff

Thanks, being a newbie as far as brand name jacket mfrs go, I missed that fact, the Good Wear was a copy of the Aero, and the Aero is a copy of an Aero contract...no wonder I was confused.

can't blame you......i'm confused too......

mazeta

That's the beauty/damnation of eBay, which can work for/against a buyer or seller.
The most profitable jackets I ever sold (we're talking thousands of dollars in profit each) I bought AND sold on eBay. The jackets in question were not even misdescribed or 'hidden' in any way. They were sold me by well-known sellers and it came down to timing and who happened to be monitoring eBay during the listing periods.

sgbailey2002

jacketimp said:
at this point the aero auction hasn't ended .......who knows it may stick at the current price or go higher...

The Aero/Aero auction ended the day before this post, it didn't meet the reserve.

jacketimp

sgbailey2002 said:
jacketimp said:
at this point the aero auction hasn't ended .......who knows it may stick at the current price or go higher...

The Aero/Aero auction ended the day before this post, it didn't meet the reserve.

thanks for update.......i'd forgotten about it :oops: