• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The G-1 (AER) Amendment #2 Version

Jaydee

Anyone know where Amend #2 fits into the spec progression of the G-1? It has the black bell conmar and the painted collar stencil, so I am thinking between the 7823(AER)A & the 7823(AER). 1952-53 ish? Anyone know the year(s) of production?
- Thanks, Jay

dadgad

Jaydee said:
Anyone know where Amend #2 fits into the spec progression of the G-1? It has the black bell conmar and the painted collar stencil, so I am thinking between the 7823(AER)A & the 7823(AER). 1952-53 ish? Anyone know the year(s) of production?
- Thanks, Jay

I got one a couple of years ago from a fellow member here, I would like to add that it also hasn't the U.S.N. perforation on the inner wind flap.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
  • BUREAU OF AERONAUTICS, USN
    FLIGHT JACKET INTERMEDIATE G-1
    SPECIFICATION MIL-J-7823 (AER) & AMEND #2
    LW FOSTER SPORTSWEAR CO.INC.
    CONTRACT N383-22356A

1955 fiscal year contract.

dadgad

deeb7 said:
    CONTRACT N383-22356A

much obliged

Jaydee

deeb7 said:
    CONTRACT N383-22356A

Yes, thanks again D for sharing your FJ Knowledge!
-Jay

Jaydee

dadgad said:
I got one a couple of years ago from a fellow member here, I would like to add that it also hasn't the U.S.N. perforation on the inner wind flap.
From what I have read, they started with the USN windflap in 1957. I do not believe the G-1 has ever had both the collar and the windflap marked at the same time. Regardless of what some recent eBay jackets have shown.

-Jay

sgbailey2002

Jaydee said:
dadgad said:
From what I have read, they started with the USN windflap in 1957. I do not believe the G-1 has ever had both the collar and the windflap marked at the same time. Regardless of what some recent eBay jackets have shown.

-Jay

From John Chapman:

"For the punched G-1's, the earliest that I know of are the Cagleco contracts from 1957. That's the 39321A contract, and it also has USN on the collar. The next Cagleco contract also had the same details, 48082. I think that one dates to 1958. There's also the Foster QM(CTM) contract which had the same details (the Amendment #2 contract). These are probably from the exact same period."