• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Few 2009/10 .... at the show

Cobblers161

Thanks David, interesting stuff. The collars on the Doniger scare me but I do like the B-10, L2-B and Tanker.

John Lever

Interesting deep pocket flaps on the A-1, similar to one made by LW for Evisu. That's the Badarlassi leather from Italy I assume ?
I think the Fenrando DOMESUTIKKUSHIPU, is Fenland domestic sheep [uk]
Thanks David and Bevan.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Cobblers161 said:
Thanks David, interesting stuff. The collars on the Doniger scare me ...

Now there's no need to be afraid of collars, Steve. ;)

... and yes, I'd like to see the cloth jackets.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John Lever said:
That's the Badarlassi leather from Italy I assume ?

Yes, Badalassi from Italy, John ... they used it a lot last year, mostly on the Precision range.

Badalassi Carlo tannery has an over-40-year long specialization in vegetable-tanning, in the production of "vacchetta" leather. Its collection includes a wide range of high quality articles with sophisticated and exclusive handmade finishings or classical ones. Badalassi's leathers are for shoes and leather goods.

Falcon_52

Thanks for posting that link, David. That hurricane jacket looks amazing! The more I look at it the more beautiful it looks. I'm still not quite sure about this year's B-2 jacket though...I like the look of John Lever's darker leather version better.

Maybe this is a stupid question but is this trade show open to the public or just to industry insiders and/or the press?

Thanks,

Noel

veli1

Thanks for the link and pics.....hmmmmm,delicious :shock:
Tanker jacket is my favourite, i have B-15C and GW Doniger and my body is crying for tanker style...

Swing

I like the B-15B, B-10, and Tanker. Only leather jacket I like is the brown and white (hair on?) moto style jacket. Few/RM A-2s have always left me cold. Only decent looking A-2s is hiding in the left hand corner of the close up of the Bud Anderson jacket.

~Swing

Dr H

Did you say Doniga... :?:

I'm a little confused, 'More realistic to arrange the sleeve slightly thinner than the original, and more stylish'?

Less curvature to the arm profile I'm sure and probably a sharper silhouette as a result, but is this a reproduction of a Doniger contract or a reinterpretation with some artistic licence? Not for me thanks, the GW looks much stronger and the goatskin closer to the original material... :D

The collars look overdone in that pressed flat, unworn fashion (shades of John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever :lol: ), but the GW example soons wear with use to look less stark.

Otherwise, a remarkable collection - wish I'd known of this on my last visit to Japan...

jacketimp

Dr H said:

I'm a little confused, 'More realistic to arrange the sleeve slightly thinner than the original, and more stylish'?

Less curvature to the arm profile I'm sure and probably a sharper silhouette as a result, but is this a reproduction of a Doniger contract or a reinterpretation with some artistic licence? Not for me thanks, the GW looks much stronger and the goatskin closer to the original material... :D

The collars look overdone in that pressed flat, unworn fashion (shades of John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever :lol: ), but the GW example soons wear with use to look less stark.

et tu brute..........

or is it.......i came to praise.......not to bury........

Otherwise, a remarkable collection - wish I'd known of this on my last visit to Japan...

MikeyB-17

'Age is the chapel had been waiting for this guy and it is his barrel.' I love those Japanese translations! :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Falcon_52 said:
Thanks for posting that link, David. That hurricane jacket looks amazing! The more I look at it the more beautiful it looks. I'm still not quite sure about this year's B-2 jacket though...I like the look of John Lever's darker leather version better.

Maybe this is a stupid question but is this trade show open to the public or just to industry insiders and/or the press?

Well I asked the same question. ;)

Details are on the retailers websites prior to the show, so anyone with an interest can go. They are asked to call first with an arrival time.

Yeah, I prefer the darker B-2, like John's, or Bevan's. Unusual for me as I like the lighter colours, but the B-2 just seems to suit being dark.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Dr H said:

Less curvature to the arm profile I'm sure and probably a sharper silhouette as a result, but is this a reproduction of a Doniger contract or a reinterpretation with some artistic licence?

I noted that the translations have limitations, but thought it would be more helpful than just looking at the pictures.

By original they are referring to the Doniger repro of two years ago, it wasn't offered last year. This year it's goatskin, and the sleeve has been slightly modified to make it closer to the original Doniger pattern.

Dr H

Thanks for clarifying that David - I had miscontrued 'original' as original Doniger, rather than first generation repro :oops: .

jack aranda

That hurricane jacket looks amazing! The more I look at it the more beautiful it looks.

I'm with you, Falcon_52. That is...well, I'm fresh out of superlatives. So, I'll just sit here slack-jawed staring at that beauty. :D

Curahee

This july I'll be visiting Japan for a holiday, and although I don't think I will be attending this show I will definitely be buying a Jap A-2 "of the rack" :p......RMJ/The Few/BR ? cann't wait to go those shops and look trough all the racks

asiamiles

Curahee said:
This july I'll be visiting Japan for a holiday, and although I don't think I will be attending this show

You definitely won't be unless you're travelling there by Time Machine. It was in the middle of April.

Members online

Latest posts