• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Best AAF shoulder decal

a2jacketpatches

I'm restoring original jacket insignia and art to newer condition as requested by the family and owner. It is to be kept in the family forever from what I'm told. The pilot himself is still with us and the boss of the whole idea. So before anyone jumps my azz for doing this, somebody was going to anyway, might as well be me.

Only part of Force remains from the decal, the entire roundel is gone. Italian made patch and leather wings missing a lot of paint, and artwork on the back as well is pretty faded. The jacket itself is in outstanding shape, so refreshing the insignia and art will look appropriate. I will be using period correct materials, oil paint, etc. and post before and after photos.

Silver Surfer

its the vets jacket,and if thats what the vet wants, thats what the vet gets, period. you are dealing with a mans memories and his life from a time that we will never know by collecting and or wearing these jacs. im sure that "collecting", and "mannequin dressing" is not what he is thinking about. anyhoo, sean, do it, and do it right. make the old bugger happy.

a2jacketpatches

Yeah Vic, that's how I see it. Vet has the last word in any case.

Recommendations on a shoulder decal? or I'm sure it's been covered already so directions to the thread?