Suspect jacket,added label.

Discussion in 'eBay / Auction Talk' started by joeson, Apr 23, 2017.

1. joeson

joeson Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332185221185

This one has been flagged up on the vintage leather jacket facebook page. It was sold by one of the members there but has acquired a 'Californian horsehide' label since then,obviously to increase its price/desirability.
    Caveat emptor.

2. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

The label has been hand stitched on. It is being sold by Vic, a member here.So perhaps you should ask him about the label. However, I understand that Ponyhorse was a small volume Canadian maker of jackets.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  3. joeson

joeson Member

As a member of the facebook page,I am guessing you have read the statement there.Here it is for those that haven't:

Be safe out there. A jacket I sold back in November (which has since been re-sold by a dealer in Italy and by one in Colorado) is now up for sale by a dealer in New York. Since the Colorado sale, a Californian label (a much more desirable brand) has been added by someone and it is currently being sold as such. Despite the Ponyhorse label remaining in the jacket, not many are familiar with that small brand and probably have mistaken it for a content label, it has already doubled its value, on its way to tripling by the time the auction is over. Do your research, buy from trustworthy dealers and watch out for fakes like this.

Smithy and Roughwear like this.
  4. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

Vic has relisted the jacket with a revised description about the recently added label.

Smithy likes this.
  5. joeson

joeson Member

Yes,just noticed.

6. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

thank you joeson and so many others for taking the time to inform me of the errors in my original hb listing. as noted, it has been relisted after i canceled the jacket's sale.

robrinay likes this.
  7. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

There you go dealers looking for home runs !.

BIP

bseal likes this.