• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

successful surgery...

STEVE S.

recently I managed to successfully transplant a wartime talon bottom stopper box from a worn out original zip to a newer talon in NOS condition from the 60's. swapped the pull out also. a little brown dye on the tape & it will be good to go.

If anyone has any of these pulls or bottom boxes for sale from messed up zips that you are going to replace, let me know.

bazelot

Yes how??? :) I thought the stopper was molded into the tape... Great work, it looks perfect

STEVE S.

its very tedious & time consuming, well at least on the first one. have another I'm going to work on when time permits.

mr_lits

Yeah I would really like to see how you did that. I have a bottom box or two on old tape I would like to figure out how to reuse.

chamboid

Tell me how you did this, I have successfully done the same thing to the male side of a zipper, which has been fine, and saved a lot of full zips replacements, but would be treatbtomkjownyour technique?