• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing Repro A-2s

herk115

I have maybe twenty repro A-2s in the house and I was wondering just what the best method is for storing them long term, like over the summer or even longer. Right now they're all hung on cheap plastic hangers from Walmart and I know that can't be good for them. I'm sure the ideal method is to lay them all flat with no folds, but since space is at a premium in my house, I pretty much have no choice but to hang them. If I must hang them, I presume a wide wooden hanger would be better than a thin cheap wire job, right? And is there an alternative to hanging and/or laying them flat? Thanks in advance.

Skyhawk

Yep big wood ones. Look for "Suit Hangers". Coincidently I found these yesterday at Target. This is what you need. A 24 pack for $26.

herk115

Thanks. You couldn't have been more on the mark. I was headed for Target in about fifteen minutes anyway...but not for hangers. I'll grab a pack.

herk115

Skyhawk said:
Yep big wood ones. Look for "Suit Hangers". Coincidently I found these yesterday at Target. This is what you need. A 24 pack for $26.

Thanks again for the tip. I bought a pack shortly after I got your post. FYI, the 24 pack is now only $14.95. Better dash down there and get a pack or two.

CBI

I purchased mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond and I think they were about $10 each, very heavy duty.