• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing leather jackets

rob20uk

Hey all,

Just a quick question on storing some leather jackets. I have straight hangers from the (Aero ones) and I know to hang the jackets etc. My question is really on the best way cover a jacket for long term storage to avoid issues with moths etc.

Would you cover each in a jacket cover that can be sealed and then just put some lavender bags and moisture absorbing bags in the bottom?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Southoftheborder

That's what I do. I use plenty of silicon sachets but modern chemical mothballs not lavender. They are terrible polluting things but they work and gentle remedies don't. With the weather getting warmer and more moth friendly by the year chemical warfare is the only thing that works.

B-Man2

After thoroughly researching this subject over a period of several years, I’ve come up with a solution that seems to work for me. It’s not for everyone but I’ll post the results of my research below
IMG_1876.jpeg

;);)

Adama36

After thoroughly researching this subject over a period of several years, I’ve come up with a solution that seems to work for me. It’s not for everyone but I’ll post the results of my research below View attachment 130023
;);)
sending this picture to my wife right now ....
After seeing that, she should stop complaining about my own "collection"
thank you B-man, you probably are saving my marriage