• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stewart Old Glory jackets

asiamiles

For me, some nice jackets (eg. the Luftwaffe style one, very similar to ELC's Hartmann) ruined...they take the "vintage look" process a couple of steps too far.

Falcon_52

I have to agree with Miles. This "vintage" leather processing is getting ridiculous. I saw some of these type of jackets first-hand in a store in Tokyo last year. They looked like they were saturated with water, wrung out, and then left to dry (in a wrung out state all twisted up). Very strange looking.

I wonder if it's possible to reverse this look by getting it wet again and then wearing until dry.

Noel

Tim P

second look has made me reconsider. That vintaging is OTT and unrealistic.
I recall being in a timberland outlet about three years ago and seeing some beautifully made An-J-3 jackets that had been destroyed by some process or other and they looked like old car cleaning chamois. the aging caused by the wetting and pressure crumpling process was not consistent with the finish which would have looked more aged by a long chalk.

stelug

I posted this on other forume 2 days ago. It's a company near florence and exist since mid 80 (if I remembre well) I bought only one jacket from them, in thick buffalo hide, wich had performed very well for over ten years. They also hold one of the biggest collectio-museum of vintage jacket that is visited mostly from stylists and designer from other companys but I think is also open to private visitors. In italy is welknown