• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sporting an A-2

deand

You know who wearing you know what.

100328-obamatroops-hmed-1p_rp600x35.jpg

dean

brownbanana

Nice photo, just did a search and it turns out he made a surprise visit to Afghanistan today. Would there be any chance you'd have links for some higher res photos? I'd love to take a look at the finer details. It'd be interesting to know if it's current USAF issue. Thanks.

ties70

I saw a short report on German TV this morning....I am pretty sure that I noticed side entry pockets.

Ties

PS:
Yep, found a picture and changed the light a little bit: Side entry pockets...

obama_a_2.jpg

deand

This video has more visual info. The knits show up when he raises his arms, and they appear to be not dark brown like I'd expect on a current issue A-2{Edit: But they are.}. It looks big on him, yet I think it must be current issue.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3ttb4hH0g[/video]

dean

Atticus

It is current issue. There was a blurb about it in this week's Liberal Democrat newsletter, the Taxnspender. Turns out that Obama really likes the looks of his A-2, but he doesn't like the unflattering cut of the current issue jackets...so, according to the newsletter, he's ordered a dozen Perrys from Goodwear, for himself and his staff. Of course John had to put that order at the top of the list, so it will delay completion of Goodwear's other pending orders for at least six months to a year.

AF

:twisted:

brownbanana

Thanks for the awesome replies guys. I think the current issue looks rather well on him, though I'm surprised to hear he's ordered from Goodwear. It's always amazing to learn of the reach of this forum, from Redtails to Obama. Looking forward to the future pics of the President wearing Goodwear lol.

Persimmon

AF is this true ?
I received an email from John about a jacket I wanted him to make but since then its all gone dead.
No follow up. Nothing.
If he is dealing with the White House that explains all.
If this is true I guess the President of your country comes before a ordinary Joe in England.
Thanks for the tip.
Alan

Vcruiser

..Well..if it was a blurb from the TaxnSpender..then you can take that to the bank...or...then again..since it was Geoff bloviating...probably not....

zoomer

Atticus said:
Yeah, the Prez didn't order any Goodwear Perrys.

But he should have.
I agree. However, as CinC, wearing something resembling current issue shows more solidarity with the troops. Also, seal brown suits him really well.

Atticus

Yeah, vintage leather is nothing new to Barry. Heck, he was rockin' horsehide back when most of us were sporting lime-green leisure suits.

obama4-730367.jpg

Come to think of it...maybe John ought to do a Goodwear repro of Obama's 1982 leather jacket....

AF

arclight

capt71 said:
Since he's Commander-In-Chief of the US Armed Forces, he's considered a "qualified individual" to wear the official issue jacket. Of course, wearing it with civilian clothes isn't quite "regulatory", but then who's going to tell him no? ;)
Bill
Who's going to tell him no? The same people that are going to tell him "no" you can't have another 4 yrs. as Cdr in Chief.