• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPEC MIL-J-7823C (WEP) W/E

Atticus

Must be something from the early C-series. The tag on my '67 Star C-series is unlike either of the ones shown above. It lacks the "W/C" but it does have the "DSA 100 67" style number seen on later D and E series jackets.

AF

bjoy

After doing some research online I have found that when "W/E" is used with along with a government stock number it means "With/Equipment".

Apparently this is done to avoid having individual numbers for accessories and repair parts for an item being stocked.

For instance, I found references to items such as for "BINOCULAR M19, W/E (NSN 1240-00-930-3833)".

My guess is that someone at Star Sportswear got a little carried away and for a brief time included the "W/E" abbreviation on their labels without realizing what it meant.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bjoy said:
After doing some research online I have found that when "W/E" is used with along with a government stock number it means "With/Equipment".

That's all I could find, but it's not the stock number, more a suffix to the spec, and I didn't think it was that likely. My theory was perhaps an amendment, or extension but I couldn't find any evidence.

It only appears on the one Star contract ...