• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

some photos (4)

dujardin

re-captured bomber's engines
B8ddLvEGkKGrHqZiIEzNTltMbQBM3FR5l3w_3.jpg

just a crew in a jeep - wouawww what a magic vision for me
1-1.png

25BG at Watton
25bgatWatton.png

91bg401bs.png

and this was the 401BS 91BG, take a look the second from right, A2 over a bunny suit.
imagine this view in color.

byeeeeeeee marcel

dilbert

Don't know how you do it, Marcel, but you keep coming up with the greatest photos. Well done, keep it up, we really enjoy your efforts!

capt71

Hi Marcel,

Great photos!

The 2nd photo from the top (the crew in the jeep) is of my father's B-24 (Dauntless Dottie) crew just before deploying to Australia. I'm pretty sure it was taken either at Lowry Field in Denver, Colorado or at March Field near San Francisco, California, in late 1942 or early 1943. The photo (which I had posted elsewhere on the internet) is one from my father's WW2 photo collection. My father is the guy seated next to the driver (in the passenger seat). He was the pilot and aircraft commander. The guy in the back (in front, snuggled up to the other guy) was his co-pilot.

Bill

dmar836

Interesting that in the last pic, one crewman has his pants off already! You can see the "blue bunny" suit. Still has on the jacket, scarf, and helmet!

Great pics!

fraazierjo

Hey Bill,
Loved the photo of your leather jacketed Dad and his buddies! Any ore like this in his collection?

EMBLEMHUNTER

Great photos Marcel, the guys in the jeep are wearing the patch of the 528th Bombardment Squadron of the 380th B.Grp., and the group shot of the boys in front of the US "Mossie" are from the 25th Bombardment Group(Recon) and the Squadron most likely is the 653rd BombSqd(Light Weather Recon) as I think the other "Sqd's" flew other aircraft type than the Mosquitos .
Johnny(WeBeEmblems)

capt71

fraazierjo said:
Hey Bill,
Loved the photo of your leather jacketed Dad and his buddies! Any ore like this in his collection?
fraazierjo, I'll look through the collection and find a few photos that include the men wearing jackets.
EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Great photos Marcel, the guys in the jeep are wearing the patch of the 528th Bombardment Squadron of the 380th B.Grp.,
Johnny(WeBeEmblems)
Yeah, they were in the 528th BS, flying B-24 Liberators out of Fenton Field in N. Australia (about 100 miles S.S.E. of Darwin). The other 3 squadrons there and at Long Field (just a few miles to the east of Fenton Field) were 529th BS, 530th BS, and 531st BS.

Bill

capt71

fraazierjo said:
Hey Bill,
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of photos in the collection of guys with jackets on (most of the photos were taken in the warmer parts of the year in N. Australia), however here are 4:

Another view of the same jeep crew dujardin posted above
5232251640_292e160fe8.jpg

A 1943 newspaper clipping of same crew after a bombing mission
5232247758_30d05afc9c.jpg

Corunna Downs, Australia
5231653181_4462b03a2f.jpg

Corunna Downs, Australia (in case anyone wondered how strong those .50 Cal noseguns were!)
5231650355_673fc09eca.jpg

Bill

dujardin

thanks Bill for the photos

especially the first one.
she complete perfectly the one i place in my post.
thanks, great addition to my file.

byeeeee marcel

capt71

3 more from the collection:

What the well-outfitted flight school cadet wore (my father_flight school graduation 1942)
5235184686_1aa20c8b76.jpg

A B-24 training accident (no one killed!), Biggs Field, Texas, USA, Feb. 1943 (a few A-2s visible)
5235176104_8ec454c28e.jpg

Firing range_year & location unknown (either 1943 or 44, possibly 45)
5234587129_63dcea9bf0.jpg

Bill