• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some patches I made during the weekend.

John Luder

I've only done a couple of patches. I only need them for my few jackets that I want a specific one for. I appreciate the making ofView attachment 97559 patches, just I can't see that I need to make a stack of them. I made the Donald Duck not the squadron patch. Although I have embroidered before.
I do the ones I want to put on jackets, or the Doolittle Raiders, for the CAF museum.
What medium did you use for the 'paints'?
Hollywood North is SF?
Thank God my family moved out to Ventura County 20 years ago. LA is insane, spent my last 19 years working downtown, taking the train from out here. I wouldn't go into downtown LA without packing every firearm I possess, and even then, I'd be reluctant.
No show work since the lock-down. Wife and I refused the gentle prodding to get jabbed. That's still a requirement on lots of shoots.
Phoooey, sez I.
John

John Luder

Hollywood north is Vancouver Canada.
Silly of me to forget. Lots of work up there, at least, before the lock-down. Still, it's cheaper for American companies to work up there than shoot a comparable scene in a village with a church steeple that's in the US.
Lots of fun if you can stay near the craft services table and keep the fires stoked with coffee and donuts. My favorite part of shoots.
Cheers,
John

John Luder

@JonnyCrow
I'm in the passive phase of my semi-retirement. I'm retiring completely in three months.
So I always have some spare time to paint a patch. :)
I don't reckon your missus will allow you to sit around on your bum and while away your days with a paint brush in your mitt. She looks like a mover. I suggest you get your papers in order for some serious traveling. The alternative, that's worked for me, is; she has charities and activities that keep her out of the casa for hours while you sleep till noon, take your time with coffee, and try your hand at the patches when you're fully awake, about 1500. She comes home, you have tea or dinner, she goes to sleep, and you work on your patches from 2300 till 0100, or 0200 if you're feeling chipper. Rinse and repeat.
Cheers,
John

Yogie

@One-eyed Jack
A nice timetable for the day. Unfortunately I am an early riser. So I get up with my beloved government in the morning and have breakfast with her and she goes to work. In the course of the morning she always has a few honey do's for me. At noon I cook the food and she comes back because she only works for half a day. In between I always have time for a patch. In Germany there is a saying: "Dear God, keep my health and my wife's workforce". So I have the morning for myself. We have already planned the next trips. It goes into the Black Forest for a week to make the area unsafe with our e-bikes. Hahaha..... In summer it goes to Thessaloniki for two weeks. :)

Last edited:

John Luder

@One-eyed Jack
A nice timetable for the day. Unfortunately I am an early riser. So I get up with my beloved government in the morning and have breakfast with her and she goes to work. In the course of the morning she always has a few honey do's for me. At noon I cook the food and she comes back because she only works for half a day. In between I always have time for a patch. In Germany there is a saying: "Dear God, keep my health and my wife's workforce". So I have the morning for myself. We have already planned the next trips. It goes into the Black Forest for a week to make the area unsafe with our e-bikes. Hahaha..... In summer it goes to Thessaloniki for two weeks. :)
Always good to remember: nur ein Schwein trinkt allein.
I did this this afternoon. As I am retired, every day is a Saturday.
In the words of Maggie Smith's character in Downton, "What's a weekend?"
Going to put some braun shoe cream on this to give it a bit of wear, then attach to my B-10. More to follow presently.
Scan 14.jpeg