• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sizing for Goodwear Jackets

Pope

I have missed several Goodwear jackets offered by forum members. The main reason is sizing. What size in John"s jackets translates to a 42-44 in an Eastman, 44-46 in an RMNZ. I wish I could say I am ordering a new jacket from John but at present time I am looking for a second hand jacket. There have been 2 very good looking jackets up for sale in the last several weeks, I missed them because I wasn't sure of the sizing. Am really looking for a Dubow,Perry or say a Poughipsie. Any advice for you guys would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Pope

I will add......Prefer to buy a jacket from someone who is funding another Goodwear Jacket. John has hung his hiney out there to start his company. Just wish a new one was in the budget.

Mike

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Pope said:
... What size in John"s jackets translates to a 42-44 in an Eastman, 44-46 in an RMNZ.

I would be looking for a 44-46 Good Wear. I'm a 42 RMNZ, and would be a size 40 Eastman if the sleeves were longer.

With the Dubow 27798 contract, for example, measurements for GW, RMNZ, and originals are all similar.

jschare

If you're looking for a 2nd hand Good Wear, you're better off going by the measurements to the jacket rather than the numeric size because John custom makes the jackets according to the measurements customers give him. When he made mine, I sent my body measurements as well as the measurements to my issued G-1 to get a custom fit.

Pope

Thanks for the info.....pit to pit measurements is what has thrown me off. Most of the dimensions seemed just right except the pit to pit seemed too wide

greyhound52

Mike,
I have been with John since the start of his company. His size 44 in Dubow, RW, Doniger, and SAT fit perfectly. I take a 42 in ELC A2s. RMNZ is usually a 46 and Buzz Rickson either 42 or 44.

Weasel_Loader

I've found that some measure pit to pit by the underarm seems whereas other (like myself), measure from the side seems under the arm pits. That's usually the widest point.

For me, the pit to pit, shoulder width and back length are most important to me since I currently fit into large 46s from Good Wear.

Pope

Thanks again for you guys input. I have an offer to buy for a GW Poughkeepsie 46 I think I will go ahead and jump on it. The pics look great, Johns seal brown which I think will look dark russet outside looks like a winner.

George I have to tell I have sold off half my jackets but the two that remain and will remain unless I grow out of them are the Eastman Star Russet in a 42 and the RMNZ Monarch in a 44 that I got from you. Both these jackets just get better looking the more I wear them, the Star is hung over a chair looking at me now. The Star is perfect for Levi's and boots and the Monarch I can wear a tie with. But having said that I am anxious to get my first GW.

Mike

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Pope said:
Thanks again for you guys input. I have an offer to buy for a GW Poughkeepsie 46 I think I will go ahead and jump on it.

I still think that RMNZ, and Good Wear sizes will be similar. The RMNZ Rough Wear can have a mind of its own, but if that 44 Monarch fits you well, then a 46 GW may be a size to large.