• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size 38 B-15 nice! Worth 85- ???????????

a2jacketpatches

An original B-15 size 38 is at an estate sale in the morning, very good with only a few nips on the waistband. What's the going rate on these, it's for sale at 85- but I'll have to put in 4 hours of waiting in line to get it.

Atticus

If it is good condition, it is worth 85 USD...even though it is a small size. How much it is worth beyond that depends on many things. Is it an B-15, B-15A, B, C or D? Is it a mod? Does it have history? Is it named to someone? Are there patches on it?

AF

a2jacketpatches

This is it, pic from their ad so the best I can show. She says very nice except for the nips
B-15.jpg

a2jacketpatches

It does look very clean, and different from the variations in SUIT UP! THE FLIGHT JACKET, but is there something that screams repop. If so, I won't bother. The small size and moth nips make me think that chances are it's original. But then again, i have assumed incorrectly in the past just to satisfy the thrill of the hunt.

Atticus

I wish I could see more photos...especially of the tag...but the collar looks odd to me, and it appears to be missing the cloth hanger loop above the tag. The problem is these jackets were reproduced in great volume immediately after the war and sold in Army Navy stores. Those reproductions are now fifty or sixty years old and so they look very original...

I may well be wrong, but it just has that Army Navy store jacket look. Maybe Jim or George will hazard a guess... BTW, it isn't a A-D or a mod. If its real, its the first edition.

AF

a2jacketpatches

Well that's good enough for me, about a half hour drive, and a long wait has me second guessing the whole thing anyway. Beside that fact that I spent a fistfull of dollars yesterday on a Navy pilot grouping. Definately the real deal, Type 2 blood chit , escape map, ribbons, dog tags, etc. Plus his Airforce service wings and misc. during the Korean War. Will post photos later. Thanks for the help.

Atticus

You're welcome...but before you decide not to buy it, wait for some of the other nylon guys here to offer a second opinion. I'm not 100% certain that it is a repro...especially based on only one photo. If it is an original 1st edition, it is worth well over 85 bucks!

AF

Peter Graham

It looks original to me and I've owned a few. The only way to be certain is to check it close up. The label will tell the story. Geoff, the hanging loop looks to me to be there. If you get it I'll buy it from you for a lot more than $85, if it's original !

Roughwear

It looks like a well preserved original to me. Even if it turns out to be a repro it is still worth far more than the price.

unclegrumpy

Roughwear said:
It looks like a well preserved original to me.

I agree as well, but you will know for sure when you see the tag. Good Luck....I think it will be worth your effort!

TankBuster

Looks to be a very nice clean original!!!!! These can also fit larger than the tagged size. I would buy it in a heartbeat for $85

a2jacketpatches

Got it, just like I said, in line at 0500, first in the door at 0900, already had directions to the jacket before the sale opened. Grabbed it without eyeballing the tag, then went straight to a table full of doodads. Found a nice 3" PB Observer wing, 2-20th AF patches, a plaque with nicely feathered pilot wings applied dating this Colonel from 1942 - 1975. Also picked up a mint AR15 upper receiver. MODA COAT CO. made the B-15 in 1944, it's in off the rack, unused, near perfect condition, if not for a few tiny moth nips and some very lightstains. Appears to have never been cleaned / washed. The mouton is the best I've ever seen on an original WW2 period jacket Will post pics shortly.