• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Series of N-3B jackets

USMC_GAU-21

I am getting all my jackets properly cataloged and in my new Db, I lined up the different N-3B's I have. You can really see the shade differences between manufacturers.

Thought it was interesting enough to post. They are all "Flight satin" except for one that is a cotton twill. All "Large", and "Extra Large".

There is a Southern, a Lancer, and 2 Reeds.

4307191463_35ab2e4f00_b.jpg

USMC_GAU-21

Also, here is a shot of the Nylon Line Up underneath the N-3B's.

B-15D - to 1980's MA-1. All of the L-2B's and (3) grey lined MA-1's.

4307932296_d175cd37bb_b.jpg

A

Anonymous

What did you say your address was again ??????

And when EXACTLY are you going away on holiday ????

:mrgreen: :twisted:
Dave

deand

JACKET_ HEAD said:
What did you say your address was again ??????

And when EXACTLY are you going away on holiday ????

:mrgreen: :twisted:
Dave

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dean

USMC_GAU-21

You guys are funny......No just trying to round out the 'ol collection.

Oh and when I am away on holiday don't forget to feed the German Shepard and my 2 Huskies.....they like "treats" :lol: :lol:

Seriously, thanks for looking, I am glad you guys appreciate good flight gear like I do!!

r/Gy Dan

USMC_GAU-21

Peter,

Not yet. I just got a L-2A in "Large" from a fellow in Canada, it is in the post now and I will take pictures once she arrives.

I still need a few jackets to fill the collection out completely.

B-15C/D, then the B-15C/D "modified" all in Nylon of course. I have a N-3 original in the funky off sage color. But, I do not have a N-2 with leather O2 tab yet...

I will keep hunting. A gorgeous B-15C went on eBay the other night....$810 USD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120520594382&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thats a little high for me, but it was a SWEET jacket!

r/Dan

watchmanjimg

USMC_GAU-21 said:
A gorgeous B-15C went on eBay the other night....$810 USD :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120520594382&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thats a little high for me, but it was a SWEET jacket!

Beautiful jacket from a former VLJ member. I dealt with him more than once and he's a straight shooter. The price on this one really got up there, but then again I doubt anyone held a gun to the bidders' heads. Signs of a strengthening economy?

deand

Dan...someday you're finally going to 'round out' that collection, and on the day the circle is finally closed, you're going to say to yourself, "Now what?" and then you'll think, "There are no more jackets to conquer! I can't bear to look at any more nylon...or cloth." Then trades will begin. ;)

dean

USMC_GAU-21

Dean,

How true, how true. as a matter of fact I am going to pull some nylon down this weekend and put them up here for sale/trade.

I have some repeat L-2B's and yes, I have a couple N-3B's that will have to go to make room for some cloth and the elusive "Grey Liners" that are hiding out there.

also some "Blue" B-15C's and a nice N-2A, N-3A, mine are good, but can get better. I also would like to search out a N-2, first run, N-3 first run.

but finally I must say I need to get a couple of WWII, Korea, A-2/G-1 leathers in the collection.

Also, I am looking at going after some helmets now, and WOW :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: are they expensive.....

All in good time, all in good time. If I have learned anything in this hobby it is patience. which is NOT one of my virtues...

r/Gy Dan

Weasel_Loader

I'd love to get a nice Large N-2 someday. Also wouldn't mind having one of the few N-2A contracts that used the real coyote fur. I did have a near mint N-2A by C.H., but didn't like that faux badger fur. BTW, the N-2A contracts that came with real fur usually also came with Crown zippers too. ;)

Willy McCoy

Nice collection of Nylon! For me going down the line to select a good jacket from the closet is very satisfying. Even duplicate jackets get to come off the bench. The best way to stock up on jackets is to comb the buy & sell forum. eBay is only good if you get a good seller or the seller doesn't know what they've got.

Tim P

Willy McCoy said:
Nice collection of Nylon! For me going down the line to select a good jacket from the closet is very satisfying. Even duplicate jackets get to come off the bench. The best way to stock up on jackets is to comb the buy & sell forum. eBay is only good if you get a good seller or the seller doesn't know what they've got.

I agree.. Hoping for a nice friendly first refusal on an xl n3a lol