• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

second photo report

dujardin

all photos found on ebay

crew member with C-47
B6gb6qQ2kKGrHqVjkEybNVQU-fBMhqRFMrw_3.jpg

what do you think of this one, fake or not ??? though funny
CBemdfgWkKGrHqViME0HSf4BdyBNH40bmd_3.jpg

123.jpg

01097636_017.jpg

01097636_019.jpg

01097636_057.jpg

01097636_059.jpg

01097636_060.jpg

Bonham-Carmack-Palfrey.jpg

EUCMH-0002.jpg

classychassy388bg.jpg

EUCMH-0005.jpg

EUCMH-0030.jpg

unknown001.jpg

i like this one, the name of the plane is a phonetic translation of the french ''tout de suite'' . wich means immediately, at once.
i already a picture of a train with the same name.
unknown004.jpg

byeeeeeeee marcel

fraazierjo

That insouciant look on the wearer of the A2 six photos from the top makes him look like a very, very naughty boy!

Jaguar46

dujardin said:
i like this one, the name of the plane is a phonetic translation of the french ''tout de suite'' . wich means immediately, at once.

byeeeeeeee marcel

Toots was also a word used for calling a person of the opposite sex, like "What's up toots?" So I interpert the phrase "Toots Sweet", to mean a babe, or something to that effect. And the picture refers to that.

dujardin

hellooo

little correction

in the first pic, i give a bad designation for the plane

it's not a C-47 but well a Curtiss C-46 Commando

byeeee
marcel

dujardin

Jaguar46 said:
dujardin said:

byeeeeeeee marcel

Toots was also a word used for calling a person of the opposite sex, like "What's up toots?" So I interpert the phrase "Toots Sweet", to mean a babe, or something to that effect. And the picture refers to that.

thanks to complete the post, yes probably also a definition of this ''toots sweet''.

byeeeee marcel

zoomer

dujardin said:
hellooo

little correction

in the first pic, i give a bad designation for the plane

it's not a C-47 but well a Curtiss C-46 Commando

byeeee
marcel
Don't sweat it - the C-46 is not legendary or beloved. Altho a better cargo plane in many ways, it wasn't as suited to paratroop ops, it had no civilian passenger counterpart to remember it by, and the fuel system (re-jiggered for P&W engines) caused a few to blow up in midair.

dujardin

hello all,

some weeks ago i post those photos, Johnny saw her and now something come out.
he will for sure explain you more, but this is already what he send me.
a color photo of the patch, original to the jacket.

494fsunofficial.jpg

enjoyyyyyyyy

byeeeeee
marcel

EMBLEMHUNTER

Via a posting on another site I was contacted by the son of a 494th Fighter Squadron veteran, he told me that the emblem I had described on the posting sounded very much like the one his dad wore on thier jackets , so long story short I contacted him and told him I saw the photo on this site that Marcel had posted of the grouping of pilots with the patch on thier jackets, and small world not only was this the emblem , but his dad in in the photo(far right front row !)

He also took the time to dig out his dads jacket and submitted me a scan(Marcel posted it above) so we now have a "Confirmed" ID that this is the "Unofficial" design used by the 494th Fighter Squadron of the 48th Group !!!!!!!!!!!!

The man also told me he mave have an original pencil sketch of the emblem , so if he finds it and sends a scan I'll be sure to send it on to be posted .
You'll also note in the group photos of the pilots wearing thier patches on the A-2's that those to the left have a darker background colors and what appears to be an outer border/ring to them, the other patches look to have a light color background, possibly light blue .

Johnny
[email protected]

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hey Marcel , do you recall who it was that I got this info from ?????????

I lost the contact and need to find him again , if you know or the site I posted it on please let me know , thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

Still trying to find out the contact that told me this was his dad in the "group" photo of the jackets with patches on them, I posted a note on the US Militartia forum about it also, one member told me the "original" photo was his , but hasn't answered if he was the one with the "sketch" so I'm thinking another person must also be in possesion of same photo ......................................

I am looking thorugh all my 'written" notes etc to see if I cna find his contact e mail..................................
Johnny