• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEAPIMP

Stony

Does anyone here remember SEAPIMP? I bought a jacket from him about 4-5 years ago, but I thought someone else got ripped off by him, someone in France. I could be wrong on that, but for some reason that's sticking in my head. His real name is Troy and he's selling a jacket that he posted pictures of back in 2008. Here is his ad in Craigslist on Long Island, NY.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/atq/4024970502.html

I talked to him on the phone today and he says this jacket was his grandfathers. I checked previous posts from him and that's not what he originally said and he posted pictures of the same flight jacket back then.

Anyone?

Andrew

I remember when he posted that he had several jackets for sale as he'd hit hard times and that would have been around at the start of the GFC. I had pm'd him and he never got back to me. Maybe I was lucky!

Peter Graham

I remember him. As Andrew says, he had several jackets for sale. I think he said it was to fund medical expenses. He certainly didn't look too healthy in his avatar pic. I was going to buy a B-3 from him but we couldn't come to an agreement about the price. I don't remember hearing of anyone being ripped off by him though. Do you reckon this jacket is a scam Stony. Maybe if you knew someone in the area they could check it out in the flesh for you.

Stony

Here's his original post and if you scroll down you'll see the same jacket as in the Craigslist ad he's selling today.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2628&hilit=585th

When he was on the boards back in 2008, he lived in Florida. Now he lives on Long Island, NY. He is supposed to send me better pictures today, so we'll see if they're new ones or the same ones he posted five years ago.

This could get interesting. :eek:

bfrench

Administrator
Stony said:
Does anyone here remember SEAPIMP? I bought a jacket from him about 4-5 years ago, but I thought someone else got ripped off by him, someone in France. I could be wrong on that, but for some reason that's sticking in my head. His real name is Troy and he's selling a jacket that he posted pictures of back in 2008. Here is his ad in Craigslist on Long Island, NY.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/atq/4024970502.html

I talked to him on the phone today and he says this jacket was his grandfathers. I checked previous posts from him and that's not what he originally said and he posted pictures of the same flight jacket back then.

Anyone?

Hi, Stony,

Your memory is correct - bombsaway had a problem with a seller - plus you also had the same concerns back then.

Bombsaway never did get his money returned even after a complaint to the police in Jacksonville - looks as the seller has moved.

Remember the old adage - "Buyer beware"

Stony

Hi, Stony,

Your memory is correct - bombsaway had a problem with a seller - plus you also had the same concerns back then.

Bombsaway never did get his money returned even after a complaint to the police in Jacksonville - looks as the seller has moved.

Remember the old adage - "Buyer beware"

I actually got the jacket from him, but not the paperwork that went along with it.

Is Bombsaway still on the forums and does he want to pursue this issue still? Would the Jacksonville police be interested in where he lives now?

Does anyone live on Long Island that would be willing to contact Troy and see if he actually has the current jacket for sale? If he won't meet with anyone, then we'll pretty much know for sure what's going on.

Stony

I say we set him up for at least some embarassment.

Anyone live on Long Island? If we find out where he lives, we could alert the authorities.

Silver Surfer

heya guys, im in l.i. for a few days, however, based on the the posts regarding this subject, im not to sure that i want to get involved with this fella.

Stony

Troy called me back today and sent several emails with pictures. I'm actually having fun stringing him along.:lol:

Does anyone want to join in the fun. :p

I'm sure he doesn't have a clue that I'm on to him, lol. ;)