• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott with Japanese tags

cgreen

Hi All,

I'm looking at a Japanese auction site and I'm seeing a lot of Schott jackets that have care instructions in Japanese. Ridiculous question, but does Schott make pieces strictly for the Japanese market that potentially aren't available for North American buyers? Some of these jackets are great and of styles I've never seen before.

Any thoughts are welcome, thank you.

CG

cgreen

Oh, and is anyone familiar with this Schott label? This is the Schott NY company, yes? Is it an older label? I've not seen it before.

CG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 12.50.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 12.50.46 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 66

mumpy

Indeed, Schott has a Japanese market. I've bought one recently from auctions. The patterns can be a bit strange so double check the measurements. The latest pieces seem to fit closer to US market but some of the earlier ones were ridiculously small (20 inch p2p for tag size 42 or so).

This is the one I got and it is a 613US (same label as the one you posted):

1690642008261.png

Great quality, no complaints at all.

Last edited:

mumpy

Thank you, that's a great looking jacket - was it made in the US and then distributed in Japan?
Thanks! Actually I am not sure how that works. It may have been made in Japan because there is no made in usa tag. Also, some models are made with Shinki leather. Those are probably made in Japan I guess.

Spitfireace

I bought a Schott 618 from Japan on eBay. It has the regular Perfecto label and USA flag in it. It has a couple of anomalies like the snaps are brass rather than nickel colored. Only the brown jackets usually get brass snaps in the US. Also the sleeves are two inches shorter than a regular size 38 in the US would be. So I'm thinking it was made in the US for the Japanese market. I'm not familiar with the label on your jacket. My jacket was made in around 1990 so maybe more recent US exports to Japan got those labels.
20191224_202228.jpg