• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saving a vintage ELC A2

VeraVoulik

Saving an ELC vintage.

A customer sent me his jacket in a poor leather condition, not because of bad care but because of bad leather products.

I use to say everywhere and nearly everyday
1f609.png
to avoid "animal" based leather caring products. Moulds stain will soon or later appear.
Here is what happened to a vintage Eastman Leather a2 jacket. Jacket was covered with mould stains.

I cleant it with my special soap mixed with basic addition. Jacket is now safe and be cared with right vegetal issued products.

elc1.JPG
elc2.JPG
elc3.JPG
elc4.JPG

Skyhawk

Great work! I am on the same page.

After 20+ years of resto and trying many products, I have found that an all natural, beeswax based conditioner is really the best.

The leather care industry is pretty nuts, with everything under the sun being offered as the magic potion.

Reminds me of Snake Oil in the 1800's... lol!

johnwayne

Nice job but have to say that looks very unlike an Eastman despite the label, certainly don’t recall seeing one with those shaped pocket flaps! I have an early house ELC plus every brochure they’ve put out and those flaps look more ‘Avirexy’ to me!!

VeraVoulik

Nice job but have to say that looks very unlike an Eastman despite the label, certainly don’t recall seeing one with those shaped pocket flaps! I have an early house ELC plus every brochure they’ve put out and those flaps look more ‘Avirexy’ to me!!

I displayed the jacket with 2 other 90's ELC jackets: same hooks, same zippers, same studs. Absolutely no doubt on this one.

elc6.JPG

VeraVoulik

To be accurate, pocket flaps are identical to another one in darker shade I have. 2 others vintage I have are more "scalloped"