• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RNZAF Pacific Summer Flying Helmet

Recently I had the opportunity to add this very rare helmet to my collection. It is named to an RNZAF crew member. These helmets were used with various comms and O2 mask combo's by RNZAF flight crew in the Pacific theatre.
Crews on such types as Lockheed Hudsons, PV-1 Ventura's, BY Catalina's, P-40's and F4U Corsairs etc used them.
This helmet is displayed to be representative of those used by P-40 pilots, the AO (American Optical Co.) goggles are in mint condition and came in their original tin case, I've added R-14 receivers, a comms "Y" cord and T-30 throat mic and A-10 oxygen mask.

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

More pictures of recent RAF helmet aquisitions to follow soon

Bevan

Andrew

That's something i've never seen before, but it makes complete sense. Interesting how it has elements of the RAF B (Bennets buckles and RT holders) but in a canvas version and fitted with US comms for all US type AC. Does it have a makers label?

Andrew said:
That's something i've never seen before, but it makes complete sense. Interesting how it has elements of the RAF B (Bennets buckles and RT holders) but in a canvas version and fitted with US comms for all US type AC. Does it have a makers label?

No makers label, just an RNZAF stamp with a size in inches. Fellow collectors in NZ have examples with sewn in cloth labels as per the leather RNZAF B types.

Bevan.