• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RMNZ B-3

rich

Grant said:
Hi Mikey, yeah, he's a buddy of mine I've posted pictures of before. Like most serious collectors I know he doesn't post on this forum.

This is terrible news. You mean we're not taken seriously by the serious folk :eek: :eek: :eek: This has to be the worst day of my life.

cbg.jpg

Roughwear

Grant said:
Hi Mikey, yeah, he's a buddy of mine I've posted pictures of before. Like most serious collectors I know he doesn't post on this forum.

His jacket is great and could easily be mistaken for an original B-3.

So this guy is a serious collector with plenty of original jackets as well?

One never stops learning in this hobby, and people learn from each other on the forum, which is what it is all about IMO. It's a real shame "most serious collectors" are missing out here and not shaing what they have for others to see.

Roughwear said:
Grant said:

His jacket is great and could easily be mistaken for an original B-3.

So this guy is a serious collector with plenty of original jackets as well?

One never stops learning in this hobby, and people learn from each other on the forum, which is what it is all about IMO. It's a real shame "most serious collectors" are missing out here and not shaing what they have for others to see.

x2.

It's a shame, but that's the way it is, I suppose. On another site today devoted to another hobby of mine, I saw a reference made to a very knowledgeable guy who "doesn't do the internet."

Really is a terrible shame for those of us who do. These guys need to get with the 21st century and join the party! :lol:

Silver Surfer

a word about the new "broken grain" elc red skin b-3. i have owned the rmnz b-3s, and by all means, the new elc b-3s are every bit as dense, and heavy as the rmnz version. evidently, gary is using a different source for the hides for the new jacs. oh, and price wise......shameless plug, eh? hahahaha.

Roughwear

Silver Surfer said:
a word about the new "broken grain" elc red skin b-3. i have owned the rmnz b-3s, and by all means, the new elc b-3s are every bit as dense, and heavy as the rmnz version. evidently, gary is using a different source for the hides for the new jacs. oh, and price wise......shameless plug, eh? hahahaha.

I have seen the new ones and they are nice, but they have a paper-like finish. I still prefer my old ELC RW which is great jacket as John Lever will testify. :)

and Victor, I believe this is you wearing your new broken grain jacket so here you are with Grant's other buddy to make the comparison easier.

KirpelI.jpg
B-3.jpg

KirpelII.jpg
[/quote]

Peter Graham

Grant said:
Like most serious collectors I know he doesn't post on this forum.
You infer by this that he doesn't post here but posts somewhere else. What's wrong with this forum. Is there perhaps another forum that only really cool collector types post on ?

Peter Graham said:
Grant said:
You infer by this that he doesn't post here but posts somewhere else. What's wrong with this forum. Is there perhaps another forum that only really cool collector types post on ?

Could be, Peter, but what I got out of it was that he just "doesn't do the internet" like the guy I mentioned. I doubt there is a "cool jacket" forum other than this one, if that isn't already an oxymoron. :lol:

rich

Peter Graham said:
Grant said:

Yes. See those kids on the right? That's you, that is ..............................

toffs.jpg

Dr H

Ah, but somebody better tell Cameron and Boris that those vintage jackets are no longer considered cool...

John Lever

I too like the new ELC RW sheepskin but there are other subtle differences. The RM pattern just has a better shape, really square body, huge arms with great cuffs. No naff Crown either.
BTW still no sheepskin at Eastman until the end of January.

Silver Surfer

uhhh, 10 year old jac-less then 1 year old jac....hmmmm. i guess i will just have to see. btw: robert is a kinda shy guy, and posts on other forums because he is a levis historian..really, a levis historian. he addresses all things levis, and has phd in levis . lol.

airfrogusmc

I had a duo tone RMNZ B-3 a few years back and its was an incredible jacket. In fact I think someone that posts on VLJ bought it.

Radz108

John Lever said:
I too like the new ELC RW sheepskin but there are other subtle differences. The RM pattern just has a better shape, really square body, huge arms with great cuffs. No naff Crown either.
BTW still no sheepskin at Eastman until the end of January.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum. Just enjoying the pics and knowledge of everyone in here.
I recently ordered an ELC Roughwear B3 (redskin) broken grain in a 44 Reg. I was quoted by Gary that delivery of the jacket would take 8 weeks (shipping to Canada). This would explain the long wait time if ELC has no sheepskin available until the end of january. It's only been a week since I placed my order and it's killing me :lol: It's -22 with a windchill of -30 here in Calgary and I would love to have the jacket right now for it :D.
THis question for John - Do you know if the ELC RW B3 is similar in dimensions to the ELC B3 seal version that you have posted previously in the past? (Your 44reg ELC B3 measurements would fit me pretty good - I'm hoping the RW B3 would fit the same).

RG