• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request Header Fields too Large

Chandler

Anyone else getting this error message? @mulceber

I can be logged in to the forum for a long time, then come back to check posts -- get to the New Posts page, but any post I click serves up this message.

The only way I can get back in is to restart my phone and log back in -- I can't even log out when I start getting the error.

Annoying.

Erwin

Chandler, maybe clearing cookies and cache [just be aware of how the browser would perform without these] in the used browser can fix this...what browser are you using, any error message number is displayed? I assume it is a browser issue ;)

Chandler

@Erwin -- this happens on my (Android) phone -- don't log on with my desktop a whole lot. No error number and it looks like a message from the web site.

It clears after I log out and back in -- unfortunately, I have to restart my phone to log out.

FWIW -- it hasn't happened since I brought it up in this thread. Maybe @Nathan Flowers has tweaked something?

Erwin

Hey Chandler,

Based on your descriptions it looks like your end [browser] issue with cookies or browser cache [or cached data in it]. Restarting would fix temporarily this, but if you face it again, consider clearing cookies via browser settings. All the best!

Chandler

Based on your descriptions it looks like your end [browser] issue with cookies or browser cache [or cached data in it].
Don't think so. VLJ was the only site giving me the message and it was only while navigating away from the home page.

FWIW -- I clear cache fairly often and I've only just started seeing this message.

That said -- as mentioned above, I haven't seen it since I reported it.

Last edited: