• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reputed to be Condor legion

Smithy

It's reputed to be Condor legion, I have seen some period photos of similar

Without provenance it's just another vintage jacket Jonny.

Loads of people also try to flog French cyclist jackets as Luftwaffe jackets without any provenance.

If it was me and I was after an original real deal, I'd talk with Brice (use name Pilot @Pilot ) here as he's got a terrific collection and also very good connections.

JonnyCrow

Without provenance it's just another vintage jacket Jonny.

Loads of people also try to flog French cyclist jackets as Luftwaffe jackets without any provenance.

If it was me and I was after an original real deal, I'd talk with Brice (use name Pilot @Pilot ) here as he's got a terrific collection and also very good connections.
Oh I know that, sell the jacket not the story, I know a couple of Spanish experts here though, obsessive with their history and collections, great guys to talk to like Brice, you do see here decent 30's, 40's leather jackets much cheaper without any provenance, I used to love going round the huge Madrid rastro market with my wife, covers almost half a kilometer on a Sunday it's that big, never seen much in the way of A2 though except the militaria store and he's uber expensive

Smithy

Whilst we're talking about Brice, he's quite quiet and subtle about his collection but I'd bet a very large sum of money that his collection of militaria from WWII (and WWI and the Cold War for that matter) is larger and far more impressive than any other member here.

He's shared some of what he has with me privately (things I am interested in) and which he hasn't shared publicly here on VLJ and it's just amazing. He could start a museum.

JonnyCrow

Yes, looks time legit.
An evidence of provenance would be a great benefit.
But yes, looks good.
Pilot, sellers here, the older sellers, are not very fleabay savvy or sell on this Spanish, site, it's a old site, they also only take bank transfer, but some rare old stuff turns up on there, Guerra civil , Spanish war related, you could at one time buy antique arms on there, but that was a while back

JonnyCrow

Yes, looks time legit.
But yes, looks good.
Those buttons on it, a old Spanish guy once gave me a bag of them, smaller but the same, see them a lot on old leather jackets here

JonnyCrow

Yes, looks time legit.
But yes, looks good.
Come to think of it, the Madrid Museo Del Aire used to have one on a showcase mannequin next to one of their Casa/Heinkel 111 or it could have been next to the Junkers JU52, but that's outside now