• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction or Original B-15B

RCSignals

Can't find much on the apparent manufacturer

The photo dates are rather older than the auction, maybe I'm too suspicious.

Link

asiamiles

You'd have thought after 12 years on eBay he'd have learned that better photos result in a higher selling price.

watchmanjimg

I believe Great Lakes produced the original 7448 L-2B, so presumably the maker is legitimate. Offhand I'm not sure if they had any B-15B contracts, but I'm sure David will weigh in sooner or later with a reference to one of the Japanese treatises.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
watchmanjimg said:
I believe Great Lakes produced the original 7448 L-2B, so presumably the maker is legitimate. Offhand I'm not sure if they had any B-15B contracts, but I'm sure David will weigh in sooner or later with a reference to one of the Japanese treatises.

Full Gear lists this Great Lakes Contract/Order No. AF 33(038) 6229, as the first B-15B FY 1949 ... Great Lakes had a second contract the following year.

RCSignals

Thanks. When I tried to look up Great Lakes what turned up was a trailer manufacturer.
So that could be a legit jacket.