• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction boots

Happy Hooligan

Just got these tonight via the bay...

I'll give them a workout tomorrow...

dsc08945.jpg

dsc08946.jpg

dsc08947.jpg

dsc08948.jpg

dsc08950.jpg

Happy Hooligan

The seller didn't say where he got them, but I'm pretty sure they're from At the Front...

About half price through ebay.

zoomer

They're a great shoe (yes shoe -- Shoe, Service, Type I, to be exact) for the price. Even better for half price. I enjoy mine and they've worn well. I use mink oil to keep the weather out, and no, it doesn't darken the color. To be wartime-correct, of course, you'd use "dubbin" (a tallow grease).

I'm a 10 1/2D and their 10 fits just fine- great for walking with a cushion insole and heavy sox, and that bulb toe is super comfortable.

CBI

yes, At The Front - great boots, I have a pair myself. Pretty cheap even at full price and fast service. Both At The Front and What Price Glory have excellent clothing, etc. to go with your A-2's - of particular note, high waisted pants - great with WWII flight jackets.

Happy Hooligan

yes, I suppose I should say shoe...

That's about what I paid Doug... should be an easy sell. Mine are 11's and I wear an 11.5 and they fit fine, although they are wide...

269sqnhudson

Sorry to resurrect an older thread but just wanted to add that these boots look great. I just hit the button on a pair of ATF jump boots, hoping they look as good.

I bought a pair of 'original' corcorans, the currently made ones, and sent them back recently. Their 'spit-shineable leather' seams to be a cheap leather coated in a crappy plasticky stuff. This really disappointed me as the same thing is happening to Clarks footwear here in the UK. Clarks were always a really good high street shoe chain but I bought a pair of work (office type) shoes 3 months ago (£60 mind you) and they too have this awful shiny plasticky coating designed to fool the customer. When they started peeling a few weeks back I peeled back the crap surface to reveal poor quality leather that's had the grain layer removed (for other products maybe?) and replaced with crap vinyl nastyness, same as the Corcorans.

Got that off my chest now, thanks!

Tom

Grant

Great looking service shoes! They look like better reproductions than my old WWII Impression service shoes. The US Army stamped soles is a detail.

Grant

Hawkeye

I just picked up a pair of new ones from one of atthefronts ebay auctions, I'll snap of few pics of them fresh out of the box when they arrive.