• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Irvin project - UPDATE!

jonnyboy

Hi guys,

After a very, very long wait, I'm soon to receive my new sheepskins! I'm expecting a sample any day now from the tannery of the skins they're produced for me, to check before they ship the first batch. So, I'll hopefully be able to take orders for jackets by the end of this month!

They've matched to a sample of the skins I used to make the test jackets. Here's test jacket #1 after almost 12 months (it's nearly its first birthday, so I thought it would be good to show a couple of comparison pics of it next to an original Irvin). The original isn't the pattern jacket, but it is quite similar:

Comparison-1-1.jpg

Comparison-2-1.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

Jason

Damn fine job! At a casual glance thats virtually indistinguishable from the original. The original is the one on the left, right? :D

fleet16b

For what it's worth , I actually like the repro better than the original.
Really nice creasing starting to show
A really great looking jacket
Keep going with this !!!

Andrew

Great stuff Jon. Hopefully my project will eventuate this year- still hanging out for the economic reversal!

HHjackets

very nice, i couldn't tell them apart. came back to this post after a few days, i looked to see which one has a label and which one has a seam on the sleeve to tell them apart.
well done.