• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repro Conmar slider?

MikeyB-17

The zip on my W&G M-444 isn't meshing together. I've tried squeezing the puller jaws together, that's not worked. If I have to I'll get the zip replaced, but if anybody has a spare Conmar or Talon puller I'd like to try replacing the puller first. Happy to pay for it plus postage. Cheers.

MikeyB-17

Yeah I've looked into NOS zips at MASH, I don't really want to use a WWII zip as I don't think the jacket merits it, lovely though it is. Also with it being Winter I want to be wearing it, so if I can swap the puller and get it back up and running ASAP that would be preferable. TBH if it doesn't work I'm going to go to Byson leather who will fit a Riri, as 100% accuracy isn't an issue for me here, but I know from experience that they are damn good zips. Peter PM sent.

John Lever

MikeyB-17 said:
The zip on my W&G M-444 isn't meshing together. I've tried squeezing the puller jaws together, that's not worked. If I have to I'll get the zip replaced, but if anybody has a spare Conmar or Talon puller I'd like to try replacing the puller first. Happy to pay for it plus postage. Cheers.
That's quite a recent zip,Aero fitted it for me just before I sold it.

MikeyB-17

TBH John, it actually started playing silly b's almost as soon as I got it-thankfully on that occasion pinching the puller jaws did the trick, but not this time, unfortunately. I'm not terribly surprised, my views on Aero's repro zips have been aired on several occasions, but Peter is kindly sorting me out with an original Conmar slider, so I'm hoping that'll do the trick.