• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing dynal collar with real mouton on a RE G-1

jack aranda

Reality check type of question here. I very recently purchased a '76-'78 vintage RE G-1 with the black dynal collar. It fits fine, the leather creaks like an old screen door, and, the knits only have a couple of worn spots. So, decent jacket. I contacted Johnson Leathers here in SF and they quoted me $75 to replace the faux with the real mouton collar. Question: price sound about right? I have no idea.

watchmanjimg

Doesn't sound bad to me, as long as the work is good. I had this done about 20 years ago and it was around $40. Think of the vast improvement to your jacket once that nasty Dynel collar is gone!

jack aranda

Hi, Van:
Yes, I am pretty sure it includes the cost of the mouton replacement. And, thanks to watchmanjimg and Tim for their input.

A

Anonymous

Hi its a difficult job to do properly ,if that price quoted includes the mouton ,I say go fo it its a good price.

All the best Jeff

usafwso

I'd like to do that to one of my G-1 jackets as well. If you do have this work done, please let us know how it turns out.