• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement knits for Eastman??

B17b25guy

Newbie here that hasn't posted in years! I apologize if this has been broached many times in past postings.

The Eastman Cable Raincoat A2 (4th one made) depicted in my avatar is in need of a cuff replacement, (perhaps they all need to be replaced to color match). Any suggestions for a first rate outfit that can perform this task, as opposed to sending it to Eastman? And yes, that is Jerome's artwork, (on my jacket!)

Thanks!
Bob

A

Anonymous

Amazing artwork. One of the best I have seen, if not the very best.

B17b25guy

Thank you, Platon. That was all Jerome Urbaniak's concept, and execution. I (wisely) just went with it. This was '06 or '07 I cant recall. John's B-10 (Eastman) was painted by some fellow in the LA area, as John resides nreaby the Van Nuys airport in Northridge. This photo was taken at Burbank this past March, after we had finished giving rides for the day.
The pic was snapped by 100th BG historian, author, (and great guy) Michael Fahey, who assisted all weekend.

Jaguar46

RCSignals said:
Could you put up a larger version of the photo please?

I took this shot in Hayward, on April 10. As seen in this thread.

P1020106.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9797

B17b25guy

Yes, I remember you after seeing your wonderful painting on the thread link! And, it's you who allowed me to try your GW Aero jacket, and you tried my Cable Raincoat correct? This is what spawned my cuff question for replacements!

I hope you and your dad had fun!

We left HWD Monday, wheels up at 7am, for media at Mather Field, Sacramento. And, then over to Santa Rosa that afternoon for further media.
I'll be back out in Liberty Belle on 4/30 for Seattle with a move to Salt Lake City the following Monday. Then, I have several 'Fighter Factory' East coast shows in the PBY and their newly acquired B-17, Chuckie.

Monsoon

I know you can buy knits from Eastman. Is there any tailors in your local area? Maybe bring your jacket over to them and ask? Worse they can say is "no".

HTH!

Jaguar46

B17b25guy said:
Yes, I remember you after seeing your wonderful painting on the thread link! And, it's you who allowed me to try your GW Aero jacket, and you tried my Cable Raincoat correct? This is what spawned my cuff question for replacements!

I hope you and your dad had fun!

We left HWD Monday, wheels up at 7am, for media at Mather Field, Sacramento. And, then over to Santa Rosa that afternoon for further media.
I'll be back out in Liberty Belle on 4/30 for Seattle with a move to Salt Lake City the following Monday. Then, I have several 'Fighter Factory' East coast shows in the PBY and their newly acquired B-17, Chuckie.

Actually, I was the guy there on Sunday, you tried on my Goodwear Star Sportswear.

P1020077.jpg