• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real McCoys JAPAN, comes to the USA!!!

DiamondDave

Just a quick notice that Good Wear is now carrying the Real McCoy's Line through JC's own website!!

CHECK IT OUT:
http://www.goodwearleather.com/

I knew from talking with John that this was going to happen soon, but the day has finally arrived!!

Ciao for now,
DD

Since the Japanese have finally deigned to let a US company pimp their products.. it should come as no
surprise that it would be John... Good Luck JC and hope it all goes beautifully!

Weasel_Loader

Great news! Real McCoys has a great selection and great looking reproductions. Almost $1,000 for a reproduction C model MA-1? :shock: That's a tough sell, when near mint originals can be had for much, much less.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Weasel_Loader said:
Great news! Real McCoys has a great selection and great looking reproductions. Almost $1,000 for a reproduction C model MA-1? :shock: That's a tough sell, when near mint originals can be had for much, much less.

https://www.realmccoys.co.jp/catalog/pr ... =2880&pg=2

Yes, expensive ... I have one of the 1956 Skylines from the old RMJ, it's one helluva jacket. If it's anything like that it will be bullet proof, and heavier than any original.

ausreenactor

If JCs research and development over the years were formulated into a thesis, I am sure there would be an honorary Doctrate in the pipeline somewhere....

Couchy

asiamiles

DiamondDave said:
Just a quick notice that Good Wear is now carrying the Real McCoy's Line through JC's own website!!
That's not strictly true. He's acting as a middle man rather than "carrying" any of their items. A wise position, as with the strong Yen, their goods are looking more unaffordable than ever to non-Japanese eyes.

bobbyball

That's interesting to see but surely apart from the nylon stuff, JCs A-2s are much better value and offer IMO a higher degree of authenticity. Maybe there is a market for RMJ in the States but, at those prices, I would be surprised.

Dr H

I was discussing this turn of events a week or so ago with a fellow Forum member.
The sage option would be for John to broker a reciprocal arrangement with RMJ (assuming that he has not already done so - he's a smart cookie and the idea will doubtless already have occurred to him), so that he could licence his named products to an outfit that has the tooling, manpower and know how to execute these in larger number.
With a veto on the quality control side of things to ensure 'Good Wear Leather (Japan)' goods were up to scratch and not dragging down his name, this would pretty much set John up...
It's been done before of course (think Fender guitars and basses through the 1970s and 80s).
Are you listening there, Buzzthetower? ;)

Just a thought...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bobbyball said:
That's interesting to see but surely apart from the nylon stuff, JCs A-2s are much better value and offer IMO a higher degree of authenticity.

I believe that's the plan ... that the RMJ cloth, and nylon jackets will compliment the Good Wear. I don't think John imagines that the leather will sell.

mindful

i love real mccoys jp if i could i would buy every think form them i look and look at there stuff like its a museum beautiful clothing