• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Issue A2!!

Roughwear

This Cable Raincoat A2 was originally russet brown, but has been shoddily re-dyed in a US air depot. The dye has been painted on by hand and looks like it has been slopped on in places as it has spilled onto the lining and knits. The darker top coat has extensively flaked off, almost skinning the leather. Worth a fraction of the price it is being advertised for, yet it is a good example of how to ruin a 1942 A2!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authentic...812015?hash=item1c7a4ae16f:g:1osAAOSw9GhYbDI9

Roughwear

Oh dear! So my Cable A2 from the same contract which I'm wearing in my avatar must remind you of one too!;)

Peter Graham

I actually think it looks great. Bags of character, maybe too much character, but a new set of knits and you're good to go. Those 27753's are tough as old boots.

Roughwear

Shame its too big for you Peter. I was going to wish you happy dealings with the seller.......

Last edited:

Smithy

At best you could call him optimistic Andrew, at worst, delusional!

Maybe he's banking on that odd adage that there's one born every minute. Although at that price you'd have to wonder if such a plonker who would buy it could only be born once a century ;)

Roughwear

I can't repeat the words he used when I told him quite politely that the jacket is a re-dye and is worth a fraction of his BIN price.

Smithy

Oh dear, sadly there's a few of those kinds of sellers on eBay. Rudeness is always easier from behind a keyboard.

At least you can draw some pleasure Andrew from the fact that for that price, he's going to be relisting it for a very long time to come ;)

Roughwear

Thanks Tim. He has re-listed the jacket quite a few times already! He would not have it that the dye is skinning the jacket and called me all sorts of lovely names!:rolleyes: