• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Random Cool Photo Thread

Micawber

That was my first thought as well...Same with the Acetone Jacket refinishing.

Not to mention asbestos and a plethora of other noxious materials, compounds, chemicals, practices that have subsequently been found to be harmful to health, not to mention the environment. I dare-say if mankind still exists in 70-100 years time it will look upon many of our current practices with equal disdain and disbelief.

Pa12

Not to mention asbestos and a plethora of other noxious materials, compounds, chemicals, practices that have subsequently been found to be harmful to health, not to mention the environment. I dare-say if mankind still exists in 70-100 years time it will look upon many of our current practices with equal disdain and disbelief.
Yeah, been there. Eventually found out virtually everything I used through my career was deadly. Even the turbine engine oil is a carcinogen. Used to be soaked in it half the time then clean up with varsol ;) That said, all the healthier substitutes for various cleaning operations that came out over the years just don’t cut it. The nastier it is, the better it works.

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_6957.jpeg

Monsoon

Henery Irwin, picked up a signal flare with his hands and throw it out of the carbine, saved the whole crew.
Red Erwin. He was the radio operator on a B-29. Not only did he pick up the burning flare, we walked it up to the cockpit and held it under his arm while he swiveled the nav table out of the way.

After, he instructed the crew how to give him morphine (since he was the one with medic training on the crew). He maintained consciousness the entire flight. Ho

Pilot kept asking the nav "How far until Iwo?" because they didn't think they'd get back in time. This Medal of Honor was rushed because they'd figure he'd be dead in a short time.

Shanghai-Mayne

Red Erwin. He was the radio operator on a B-29. Not only did he pick up the burning flare, we walked it up to the cockpit and held it under his arm while he swiveled the nav table out of the way.

After, he instructed the crew how to give him morphine (since he was the one with medic training on the crew). He maintained consciousness the entire flight. Ho

Pilot kept asking the nav "How far until Iwo?" because they didn't think they'd get back in time. This Medal of Honor was rushed because they'd figure he'd be dead in a short time.
One hell of a man!

Thomas Koehle

My deep respect!