QUIZ - Prize for winning member!

Discussion in '**ANNOUNCEMENTS**' started by Smithy, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Roughwear

Roughwear Well-Known Member

I really thought Paddy would nail it. Nice competition Tim.:)

dmar836 and PADDY_M like this.
  2. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

If I find anymore double-ups I'll run another one Andrew! I still have about 6 more packing boxes full of my aviation books still to go through even though we shifted over 2 years ago :confused:

I should also add that I love that 2 Sqn AFC group photo, it's one of my very favourite squadron photos from both WWI and II.

PADDY_M and Roughwear like this.
  3. PADDY_M

PADDY_M Active Member

Love the squadron photo too with the dog & cat. Might print a copy of it off! Thanks for the sport Tim.

Smithy likes this.
  4. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Paddy, I have a much higher resolution copy of that photo than what you'll find on the net and which will print out much better than the copies of it on the web (I have a framed one on the wall in my study). Send me a PM and I'll sort you out! I think you deserve it for coming so close to winning the quiz ;)

Tim

dmar836 and Roughwear like this.
  5. dmar836

dmar836 Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice some of the boots look ahead of their time? Specifically, those of the two outer pilots, seated.
    Dave

6. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

Hi Dave,

I think most of the flying boots in the photo are the Boots, Knee, Temporary 1914 pattern. They are not enormously dissimilar from later RAF flying boots including the iconic 1936 Pattern.

Cheers,

Tim

dmar836 likes this.