• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question: OLD Repro A2's

ChuckO

I've got a question that seems a little of the usual line around here but I hope you guys can help. I had a used repro A2 jacket back in the 80's that wasn't like a Cockpit\Avirex\bad mall fit repro A2. It was more like a decent motorcycle leather probably in cowhide that was styled after an A2 but also had hand warmers. Does anybody know of any brands that put out jackets like that? How hard they are to find? Where they might be found? Any other help you can think of? Thanks.

I'm in the US if that matters.

havocpaul

Could have been a Schott, they used to do a steerhide jacket loosely styled on an A-2 but with side-entry pockets, used to be quite common to see them around London stores in the 1980's.

ChuckO

I get the feeling it was from the '70's or earlier. I'll have to throw Schott at an eBay search and see what I get.

A Schott would be my guess too. I used to wear one back in the 70's when riding my motorcycle. It actually made a pretty good riding jacket. It had thick tough leather, insulated for warmth and a detachable sheepskin collar.

ChuckO

Here's the closest I could find. Mine was more A-2 like. It had the snap pockets and no chest pocket and did have hand warmers. This Perfecto captures the basic fit and feel though. More classic motorcycle fit but cool A2 details.
MVC4-15F.JPG