• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put this in wrong place - new jacket

TOMG1401

Last jacket bought, ELC BoB Irvin, superb, got much use this winter, anyway I decided to buy American, chose G&B Histiorical M422a, but I was having it made withe their fantastic, veg tanned russet goat used on their MK 41 historical A-2.
Unfortunately when the hide sample arrived it was a dead and I mean dead on match to the seal goat on my ELC G&F M422a, it literally could have been cut from the ELC jacket. I had my heart set on an M422a made with a russet goat, so jacket is on hold until I decide, any opinions?

Tim P

Well first off, when we are rationalising, it could be that every russet item needs a seal item for balance, I understand that. As jackets have come and gone I have learned that if it doesnt feel 100% right you'll be moving it on. usually sooner rather than later. If budget is an issue like most of us then two identical jackets is a nonsense when there is too much choice out there unless one is plain and the other adorned in some way.
my advice would be a different jacket in a different shade. If you can source a deep seal goat you will be all the happier. now from memory the ELC G&F is a russet jacket with a redddish mouton.

For me the ideal complement to that would be a deep seal heavy but floppy jacket with a collar towards the blonde side. dont know what others think...

RCSignals

If you go G+B, and I do think their jackets look great, ask a lot of questions on dimensions and sizing.

Jaguar46

RCSignals said:
If you go G+B, and I do think their jackets look great, ask a lot of questions on dimensions and sizing.

Yes, doask . I had ordered a G&B size 40R Civilian A2 jacket, which is 1 size down from my normal 42. But the jacket came with a pit to pit chest of 25", which translates to a 46 size. So I sent it back for a 38R. It won't arrive til July. They don't seem to have a plentiful stock, as I assumed they would.

RCSignals

As I posted in the other thread, for me to get closer to a 40 it was looking like I'd have to go to their 36!
Problem is other dimensions such as sleeve length become potentially problematic.

M422a 36R

Chest: 48”

Hip: 42”

TOMG1401

Tim I think you missread my post. Am aware of sizing issues, received size 44 M422a for try on. I am 6.2" 195lbs, 33 waist 48 across shoulders.Take 44-46 in ELC depending on jacket. I was swimming in the G&B. If they can come up with a true russet goat and I go forth with the jacket I shall have to pay $200 for a custom pattern, which is still under the prime contenders. I didn't appreciate the quality of their work until I had it in my hands - TOM