• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre War Wired Irvin in Excellent / Mint condition.

coanda

I thought I would share some pictures of my latest "find".
The jacket is in as near to mint condition as I have ever seen with an Irvin. Unusually it retains it's original Wiring Loom. Most of those that had a wiring loom had the umbilicals removed during the war. This has been completely un messed with. the only issue is the hanging chain which needs changing.
Size wise it is certainly a large "8". It is a pre / early wartime manufactured Irvin Airchute Jacket. (Thanks Andrew!)
I have to confess I am not at all keen on the look of the jacket with the wiring hanging down, but I don't think I will be cutting it off!!
Lastly apologies for the over weight bald model!!
Regards to all
Rick
P1140480.jpg

P1140491.jpg

P1140481.jpg

P1140495.jpg

P1140492.jpg

P1140482.jpg

P1140486.jpg

P1140494.jpg

P1140487.jpg

P1140493.jpg

P1140484.jpg

P1140488.jpg

P1140483.jpg

P1140513.jpg

P1140514.jpg

P1140507.jpg

ButteMT61

That IS incredible! For us in the US, what does a size 8 equate to? It looks large - which is nice to see.
Congrats!

Roughwear

Fantastic IAC wired jacket Rick! John the connectors on the arms were for the heated gloves. The two hanging on each side of the body of the jacket were to connect with the trousers and heat the boots and the third larger one was attached to the aircraft's electrics.

jonnyboy

Wow, what a corker of a jacket, Rick!

Fantastic condition too, and great that it hasn't been messed about with. A truly stunning jacket.

coanda

ButteMT61 said:
That IS incredible! For us in the US, what does a size 8 equate to? It looks large - which is nice to see.
Congrats!

A size 8 is theoretically a 42" - 44" chest, and 6'2" height.
This jacket is somewhat larger then the regular early war sizes.
It is indeed a large jacket!!
Rick