• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

potential boo boo may lead to Irvin trade/ sale request.

Tim P

I am a 44 in about ant ELC garment you care to name, B10's excepted. When I saw this auction I hit the button because that is in my opinion a great saving on new price and I have wanted an Irvin forever.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

thing is, I then went on to review the measurements and wonder if my hastiness to secure the item may leave me with a jacket that is too small. I will know around next wed when I get the jacket.
SO... If anyone has an irvin that is too roomy and would consider a trade, let me know and we can talk. similarly in the event of a poor fit I would sell as long as the price I paid is met.
Any thoughts or comments?

Andrew

Tim, what's your weight and height/dimensions? I bought the 48 listed a few weeks ago, it's not here yet but when it arrives i'll be able to assess it for size etc and can give you feedback. Also, I bought it out of curiosity so who knows I may not keep it. Yours was a much better price however :mrgreen: but I would want similar terms.

I'm 6'2", 95kg and take a 46-48 GW, RMNZ A-2, size 6 ( can fit a 5) original Irvin.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Its is a size 44" in very good condition only been worn a few times. Collar to hem 25", pit to pit 23", pit to cuff 21".

You might be okay, Tim ... perhaps the seller has under measured.

Andrew S. listed his size 42 at 24" across the chest.

Tim P

Andrew said:
Tim, what's your weight and height/dimensions? I bought the 48 listed a few weeks ago, it's not here yet but when it arrives i'll be able to assess it for size etc and can give you feedback. Also, I bought it out of curiosity so who knows I may not keep it. Yours was a much better price however :mrgreen: but I would want similar terms.

I'm 6'2", 95kg and take a 46-48 GW, RMNZ A-2, size 6 ( can fit a 5) original Irvin.

I have about 5 kilos on you, that is a work in progress though as 95kg is a proportionate weight for me. Height wise we are the same. Circuit training is becoming my salvation steadily. All my elc stuff is a 44, rmnz 48/50 gw the same. I seriously have my fingers crossed that this can either be or become the Irvin I have always promised myself.

In any event I cant see me losing on it. I would expect to realise what I paid and one way of looking at it is that I have procured it for the VLJ posse before an outsider got it ;)

rich

Tim, I have one of these in a 44", I bought it of John Lever earlier this year. Maybe this will help!
Across shoulders, seam to seam - 21"
Pit to pit - 25 1/2"
Shoulder seam to end of cuff - 25 1/2"
Armpit seam to end of cuff - 23 1/2"
Base of collar to bottom of jacket (down the back) - 25 1/2"

I also take 44" in other ELC jackets, and the fit of this is very good - you could easily get a light sweater under there if you
wanted. But it never gets that cold....!

Roughwear

As with original makers there is a variation in the dimensions of ELC Irvins depending on when they were made. The pit measurment on Andrew's size 48 BoB Irvin is 26" (which I am re-packing to send to him at the weekend) is an inch bigger than my original pre-war size 6.

Tim P

well it arrived and is a delightful russet/ warm honey shade, smells leathery and appears unworn. The pit to pit is 25 inches just like ELC 44 A-2's. the arm length is fine and fit wise, it suits comfortably over a t shirt, I must investigate its fit over a shirt and RAF BD blouse as that will be one of its intended purposes. I may need to go up a size or two for that.
update to follow..

Tim P

In a hassle free like for like trade I would go for a 46 to give me the extra room but if not I will reetain it.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Good result anyway .... so it was just another eBay seller using a yardstick, instead of a tape measure.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Tim P said:
RLandAmbo011.jpg

RLandAmbo012.jpg

RLandAmbo013.jpg

RLandAmbo014.jpg

RLandAmbo015.jpg