• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll

A

Anonymous

If you cut a small piece of that waistnad and send to me I can have them replicate that color.
Just kidding, but you see how difficult it is. My G&F has a completely faded dull purple.

this is the actual sample I have

knitsscan0001.jpg

I think the best match to the color you refer to Andrew is the "Seal Brown".
On your jacket, it must be the same, only faded.

I plan to order the 'Brown'. In person it looks much better than this photo.

Roughwear

Seal brown is probably the closest to my jacket. Sure they may have faded a little, but how come the inside of the wristlets are also purple brown?

A

Anonymous

today i saw an original A-2 jacket inside out. the inside of the lining was just as faded as the outside
i thought the inside should be as good as new
i was also wondering how that can be...
i dont have any explanation, i guess time shows no mercy to these materials

Roughwear

PLATON said:
today i saw an original A-2 jacket inside out. the inside of the lining was just as faded as the outside
i thought the inside should be as good as new
i was also wondering how that can be...
i dont have any explanation, i guess time shows no mercy to these materials

Interesting. This is not the case with most of my original A2s.

A

Anonymous

have you seen the inside of their linings?

when i said i saw the inside of that jacket it's because it was torn apart

and your original a-2s are near mint

Roughwear

Yes, this is true, but not all. My M422A is in near mint condition and judging by the colour of the lining and cuffs-inside and out has not had much exposure to sunlight indicating that the knits were purple-brown when installed! I have seen other G&F jackets with similar coloured knits in all states of wear and the knits are purple-brown. :)

A

Anonymous

Andrew you are right. The knits of G&B are indeed purple brown.
The 'Seal Brown' in the samples I posted is a purple brown in person (I will try to post a better pic) only a bit darker than your pics.