• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me to identify this "G1"

robrinay

I just bagged this for £59 from greedBay as an everyday wearer - its made of really supple leather (goat?). It was sold as a reproduction but to my slightly trained eye it's a bit of a mystery jacket. The mouton collar and lining look 'right' and so does the style but the zipper is wrong.
The zip pull is a painted brass Talon but the zipper is a nylon coil type - no sign of extra stitch holes which might denote replacement .
If it is a copy of a USN flight jacket then which one is it a copy of?
That's an ink stain on the pen pocket which I can live with unless anyone has a sure fire way to remove it without damaging the leather.
No stencil on back of collar and no perforations on wind flap.
http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/robri ... known%20G1

robrinay

Apparently a Franken jacket - civilian with aspects of m422. M422a and G1. Nice quality everyday jacket though - perhaps 30--40 years old.(thanks Atticus Finch at the hat place).

Tkecks

I really like these. You see them come up on ebay fairly often... I'm just waiting for the right size.

robrinay

Probably best to get the measurements ( at the risk of teChing you to suck eggs), this one is labelled 42" but has the following measurements chest 48", sleeve 25"back 27" - so a good military fit for a 44" chest.