• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help id this A2 (with art)

robrinay

A friend asked me to post his latest find here in the hope of identifying it - for what its worth it closely resembles an 80's Aero I used to own,but the label is worn so can't be read, the zipper is US style (left handed), the stop box is unmarked and the puller tab is missing - so no maker stamps but it looks modern. Does anyone recognise the maker - or the artist?
Cheers
Rob

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/robri ... inted%20A2

a2jacketpatches

That looks just like an Avirex that I painted a while back, dark burgundy tone in the highlights, and a waxy feel to the leather. The painting started to peel like a sticker and I had to carefully cut where the stencil touched the jacket to get it off. The jacket looked the part but felt pretty flimsy and soft to the touch like a fashion piece.

robrinay

Thanks for that but when I handled it the leather was flexible but thick - not flimsy - it looked and felt like goat but I'm no expert.

The name tag is not Avirex, the neck hanger, and pocket flap, do not look like it is either. But then again I have no idea. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

a2jacketpatches

Guess it was more flexible and very soft than flimsy. Maybe not, but the jacket I'm referring to was goat and the color was very close to what I'm seeing here. Does this jacket have a deep burgundy look to it? If so, I'd bet it's the same make.

robrinay

Problem solved. Holly (TFL- cloudylemonade) identified it as an Aero from 86/87 and painted by one of their artists.