• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pine Cone Capeskin Jacket late 20's early 30's?

oose

Hi,

Does anyone out there have any info on this Pine Cone cape leather jacket. We think its late 20's - 30's just wondered if anyone had come across the brand. Sorry for poor photos taken on my rather old phone, the back is lovely but I failed to take a good photo of that! I'll take my camera on Saturday and get better shots. Its size 42-44

Label reads: Pine Cone AA Quality Sportswear

yours stu

jack aranda

Re: Pine Cone Capeskin Jacket late 20's early 30's

Nice jacket. Where the heck are you, surrounded by Pendletons and other cool vintage clothes?

Baron Kurtz

Nice. A very persistent style, that one; It'll be relatively difficult to date accurately. A close look at any buckles/buttons/zippers (though it doesn't look like there are any zippers) would be nice for trying to date things. Also, that label scrunched up at the collar seam. Any labels in the pockets, and the fabric of the pocket liners.

The one thing that would be very informative would be a burn test on the liner. (It looks to be a heavy twill shiny liner with pronounced diagonal ribbing?) After the middle '40s that would usually have been nylon/acetate. Before then it would generally have been rayon, cotton or sometimes silk. Assuming, of course, it's not replacement. The jack looks pretty deadstock so unlikely to be a replacement, i guess.

There has been a hell of a lot of great vintage a Spitalfield lately.

bk

Members online

Latest posts