• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal dispute...advice?

John Lever

jacketimp said:
parcel force just collects on behalf of C&E.......

they have their own rate of exchange (FOREX).....
They are useless. They always get the duty/ VAT wrong as they just see the figures not the currency.
For a dispute call here - Coventry International Hub 02476 212860

Baron Kurtz

Yes, that's what i thought. I guess they know that most people are more interested in getting their package and will just pay up. These people are thieves. I don't mind paying duty, but these guys just take the piss.

Sorry to go off topic but John, do you know if you can retroactively dispute the duty due? They won't even deliver it until i have paid up. Can i then point to the amount on the label and have them reimburse me the amount overpaid?

bk

John Lever

Forget the people at the Post office where you pay the duty. They do not have authority to change a payment. You HAVE to pay first and then claim it back. Make sure you keep all documents so that you can give the shipping number and proof of payment. I have never had a problem with HM customs. The people there have always been helpful and I have had several refunds of hundreds of pounds.
I even got a refund when the only proof of payment was a Paypal receipt, though I had lost the certificate of posting to the US after I bought the jacket back back from Steve.