• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patched A2

Marv

Just messing around with my iPhone yesterday and took a few shots of my patched A2 (this doesn't get worn very often if not at all), so a quick quiz for all you A2 lovers out there (should be easy)....

1) name the squadron patch

2) name the A2 manufacturer

all for fun...... :)

Marv

thanks for all the responses guys.........this was my very first A2 which I bought back in 2005, it was patched by Eastman who did a great job.

The jacket is a Cooper (orange label) with the purple hue knits and Ideal zipper, the goatskin is excellent but not sure what was the year of manufacture but from what I have read on the forum I'm guessing it's from around the 1988 period.

The patch is the 334th Fighter Squadron, 4th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force (but you guys nailed that one).

The A2 also has a bullion 8th Air Force patch on the left shoulder and name tag on the left breast area.

Overall it is a really sturdy and well made A2 with fantastic goatskin and a pretty good all round fit, there's slight tunnelling at the cuffs but apart from that it's fine.

I just don't wear it mainly because of the patching and since then I have progressed through Aero, Eastman and finally Good wear A2s but as this was my first A2, I couldn't really bring myself to sell it on plus it's not really worth that much cash wise I'm guessing anyway.

flyboy

Used to have the same squadron badge on my Horsehide A2 from way back.
Mine was just slightly more detailed. And more "Disney" like i.m.o.

The A2 was from a company - Flight Suits in CA. Don't even know if they exists anymore.

The jacket was great quality - although not as accurate as some would prefer. But it served me well for 10 years.