• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

P-51 Memories

HueyPilot

A good story. What I couldn't definitively tell from the video was whether this February was the same aircraft (tail number) that Jim Brooks flew in WWII. The story made it appear as if it were the same one, but I think the odds of Lt. Brooks' neighbor finding and restoring the same aircraft flown by Brooks 60 years earlier would be extraordinarily high. I will poke around a little more to see what I can find out.

Edit Note: Ok, a little more research shows that it was a different plane, but that doesn't detract at all from the story.

USMC_GAU-21

The P-51 was not the "exact" aircraft flown by Lt. Brooks. It was painted in the markings of his mount during the restoration. the gentlemen who owns the aircraft has bought parts from me for it. he knew Lt Brooks and had heard his flying stories as a kid, and decided to restore the aircraft in his livery.

r/Gy Dan

dujardin

already presented here some month ago.
bue every time a pleasure to watch again.
great story, splendid views, good to spend +- 20 minutes with such a doc's.

thanks
marcel

USMC_GAU-21

This a great tribute to P-51 Pilots and all WWII veterans. First time I saw it, I was very moved to say the least. Especially since I know some of the P-51 parts I had a few years ago went to this aircraft.

Beautiful airplane, outstanding restoration. Too bad these airplanes have a $2M price tag. But, they sure are beautiful.

r/Gy