• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OTT price for CC Irvin jacket and trousers

Roughwear

This auction illustrates just how much people will pay when an Irvin jacket and trousers are advertised together-£843. The jacket and trousers are both by DGL and are made from a desirable copper-coloured fleece, which is typical of this London maker. However CC jackets rarely sell for more than £400 and trousers for more than £175 in this condition. I hope the successful bidder wasn't taken in by the size on the jacket's label as the jacket will not fit a 47" chest-a size 40 at the most being a size 4 jacket! It looks like a newby bidder has paid over the odds here. :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0598652602

bretron

I'm always skeptical when the winning bidder has no feedback. May be that the highest bidder got nervous and then outbid himself by establishing a phony account. Or, maybe the seller, doing the same thing, was trying to maximize the selling price, but ended up running the price up just a little too high. either way, it'll be interresting to see if this gets relisted...

just my two-cents.

omarco

Roughwear said:
This auction illustrates just how much people will pay when an Irvin jacket and trousers are advertised together-£843. The jacket and trousers are both by DGL and are made from a desirable copper-coloured fleece, which is typical of this London maker. However CC jackets rarely sell for more than £400 and trousers for more than £175 in this condition. I hope the successful bidder wasn't taken in by the size on the jacket's label as the jacket will not fit a 47" chest-a size 40 at the most being a size 4 jacket! It looks like a newby bidder has paid over the odds here. :eek:

Why is it that CC irvins are undesirable? they look pretty cool to me with that painted hood :)

John Lever

bretron said:
I'm always skeptical when the winning bidder has no feedback. May be that the highest bidder got nervous and then outbid himself by establishing a phony account. Or, maybe the seller, doing the same thing, was trying to maximize the selling price, but ended up running the price up just a little too high. either way, it'll be interresting to see if this gets relisted...

just my two-cents.
I think this goes on more than we think. Several sellers have the same mannequins and fonts in their listings particularly when selling fakey Luftwaffe stuff from Berlin.

Roughwear

omarco said:
Roughwear said:

Why is it that CC irvins are undesirable? they look pretty cool to me with that painted hood :)

They rarely fetch as much as conventional jackets. For sure some people like them, but many are put off by the yellow hood, which stands out a mile, but was designed like this partly to help people locate downed aircrew!