• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oshkosh From Google Earth

Atticus

I'm a Google Earth nerd. Tonite I was "flying" around Wisconsin and found that Google earth's image of the Oshkosh area was taken on 7 24 2011...during the fly in. If you have GE, check out the number and kinds of planes that are visible in the photo.

By the way, Jackie and I plan to be there this year...probably Friday and Saturday the 27th and 28th. Anyone else planning to go? Hacker? Wild Bill?

AF

Atticus

sealbeachbum said:
I'm thinking about going this year. I'm retiring next month so I'll definitely have plenty of time on my hands! :D
I've still got three more years of courtroom fun. I haven't gotten my retirement figured to the exact minute...yet...but I've already begun to transfer my caseload to the younger ADAs. :D

AF

hacker

Atticus said:
I'm a Google Earth nerd. Tonite I was "flying" around Wisconsin and found that Google earth's image of the Oshkosh area was taken on 7 24 2011...during the fly in. If you have GE, check out the number and kinds of planes that are visible in the photo.

By the way, Jackie and I plan to be there this year...probably Friday and Saturday the 27th and 28th. Anyone else planning to go? Hacker? Wild Bill?

AF

You betcha!.....Don't have the dates finalized but I figure on being there for a few days. I'm waiting to see who they get this year for Monday's concert.

fleet16b

I will be there again ...18th year in a row......Oshkosh fever is just as addictive as the Flight jacket fever

Atticus

I haven't been in a long time. Dad and I used to go back when I was a kid, so I expect the trip this year to be a tad bittersweet. The first time we went to the Fly-in, it wasn't even in Oshkosh...it was in Rockford. Now that's been a while ago.

Jackie, Jackie's brother and I have already rented a house in Oshkosh for a few days during the Fly-in. Its a place on Lake Winnebago so I expect there may be some partying going on during my stay. Y’all think Oshkosh is too far north to find a decent bottle of brown liquor?

AF

hacker

Atticus said:
....... rented a house in Oshkosh for a few days during the Fly-in......

........ find a decent bottle of brown liquor?

AF

Dates?...address? :idea:

brown?.......Spotted Cow....best stuff in OSH! :mrgreen:

archbury918

I realize this is an old post. I just discovered it going thru the archives. I'm on staff in the Warbirds so there every July.
Would love to meet and show you around. You'll find me in the living history camp. If I'm not there, I'll be with Aluminum Overcast.
The guys will be able to direct you.
Hope you enjoyed it!

MikeyB-17

I'm always on Google Earth too. I just had a look-Stone me! There's thousands of 'em! More Harvards than you can shake a stick at, DC-3's, Corsairs, Mustangs, a P-38, a Spit, it goes on and on! Must be a hell of an event. Shame the Street View pics weren't taken the same day, it's frustrating not to be able to get down amongst 'em, as it were.