• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original RW with nose art

atkins

great looking jacket anyway. good deal for someone. Shiloh, what's that hh color called do you think?

Atkins

shiloh

atkins said:
great looking jacket anyway. good deal for someone. Shiloh, what's that hh color called do you think?

Atkins

I am a simple man, just like the USAAF men way back. I should call it RUSSET HH. :lol: :D

Regards,

Shiloh

Dr H

Gents

Forgive my inexperience, but this one looks straight to me (the paint doesn't appear to resemble acrylic and has the look of an aged, leaded paint following wear - granted that these can be faked). There's also some overpainting (top left) suggesting an original rather than a 'perfectly executed' later fake.

It's currently at 1000 bucks with 11 bids and 4 days to go...

Tim P

I just wish repros with this type of grain from new existed. That jacket was clearly issued ugly and has stayed that way. Superb. No ammount of hot water or whatever else could replicate that.
I think the paint is period.

Andrew

Original for sure, the artwork exhibits stylistic traits of art deco ('30's- early 40's) graphics and as the Dr. suggests the paint appears original. Nice understated art.

A

Anonymous

For me the jacket looks original ,most of the jackets were painted towards the tour end .

Jeff